Auto Motor Sport is reporting that Torro Rosso is set to use Honda engines for 2018 and Mclaren are moving to renault engines.
The announcment is set to take place tomorrow before the GP.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-12303730.html

This is an interesting decsion for both
1. That honda engine could come good and catapult STR to higher levels
2. but will RBR sabotage any kind of progress STR mihgt be able to make? ( i won';t put it past horner and marko)
3. will the renault now make the mclaren more competitive and allow them to keep Alonso?
4. or will they come to regret this move as it seems that alonso is destined to be always on the other side of these situations. Because from where i see it, that Honda engine is slowly starting to be competitive and could be even more so by season's end.

IMO, mclaren should stick with Honda and allow alonso to move to another team if he decides to. His best bet would be to get a seat at williams.
They have invested all this time and effort with honda and it could develop into a solid partnership. They seem to be compromising their long term future to satisfy a current driver ( who in all fairness is being paid a boat load of money) which is never the approach to take. I would have given honda 1 more year and insisted on a more transparent working relationship with them.