Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Has anyone heard yet what issue Vettel had with his car? If I'm not mistaken, he's up against it with several components on his power unit, including the turbo (which I think he's been on #4 since about June).

So does anyone have the scoop on what the issue may have been, since he claimed that he had to play with engine settings to make it to the end?

T.I.A.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys. Been crazy busy with work etc.... Life changes without you realising it.

Not the most thrilling of races, but I enjoyed Spa. Two title rival drivers and teams. It is what F1 needs. One thing we have maybe lacked is Hammy & Seb having a wheel to wheel race without DRS involved. I do hope Hamilton & Mercedes dont run off with this now.

F1 needs an epic title.

Its kind of weird for me. Maybe it is the new rules but it still seems the racing is very tough without DRS which is not ideal.

Funny that this constructors fight is going to come down to the second drivers. Sadly cant quite see Kimi beating Bottas this season and so Mercedes should have an easy title. Their 4th in a row. Very impressive.

What will be very interesting is that Singapore you would think would favour Ferrari over Mercedes however Red Bull could be close enough here to get amongst it.

We are definitely in the position that a DNF could ruin the season such is the incredible reliability of the top two teams. Remember in the past championship rivals having 5 or 6 retirements each. Actually that probably made it more likely other teams were in the fight.

In the past the top teams retired because they stressed the cars more than backmarkers that were slow but plodded on and finished. It has now reversed with the top teams being bullet proof.

What do you guys think?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    As for this race. Mercedes looked mighty and Hamilton looks composed nearly all the way apart from a trip onto the gravel.

Vettel did what he had too. Sadly Kimi had some damage or poor form letting Red Bull beat him. Ricciardo was sensational from further back. That move on Kimi was very good.

Ocon keeps impressing and ran high until the pace of the better cars proved too much. With DRS it is impossible to defend like in the past. Stroll also did well but some how again 2nd to 7th feels disappointing. Even though again these days he has no chance of defending faster cars. That's one art that is sadly missed by me in modern F1.

Massa was good and Max recovered well.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    Sadly Monza is such a power track that nobody really had a chance to touch Mercedes. Though both Lewis and Bottas did their jobs, nothing surprising about a Mercedes 1-2 at this track.

Some good drives farther back in the pack though. Great dive by Ricciardo to make the move on Kimi, and tire strategy that got him up their for the shot at it. Ocon and Stroll both managed really good drives and stayed on a good race pace throughout. Seb had to fight to get the Ferrari up on the podium, but really had no chance at anything better. If anything he was lucky the RB/Ricciardo strategy didn't come closer to him at race end.

Easy points for Mercedes, but I suspect that at Singapore they are going to be harder earned. To be honest, even though I love the history of Monza, it's a boring track and the action is much better at most races. I really only watch hoping a Ferrari can manage a podium, and they did.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Singapore should favour Ferrari more surely. I just hope this championship doesn't get decided on engine penalties. Apart from Williams and Force India, everyone is on their last one of something or has had penalties already. Ferrari are in slightly better shape than Mercedes on that front right now.
    Last edited by AndyL; 5th September 2017 at 12:34.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I think Hamilton spoiled Ferrari,s 70th celebrations today Stellar performance from Mercedes in the race at Monza .Just bad sportsmanship on the side of the Tifosi to boo Hamilton on his win I dont think a British crowd would be booing Vettel on a win at Silverstone .Some you win some you lose ,and the Red cars were way off the mark in this race Probably they will come good in the next race,but I hope Hamilton has got the bit between his teeth now and pushes on Why did Vettel not get interviewed by Brundle ,why Jean Alesi ?
    Vettel blamed a power loss or fault with his car for under performing ,but he also under performed on qualifying on Saturday too Just feel that Max is reckless and maybe overdrives the car as he feel,s he is in a inferior car but Ricciardo has a better feel for the car

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Just bad sportsmanship on the side of the Tifosi to boo Hamilton on his win I dont think a British crowd would be booing Vettel on a win at Silverstone .
    Well, the British crowd had no problem booing Rosberg at Silverstone last year, but maybe Vettel is better liked

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...osberg-booing/
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Don't mind TBK. No-one is 100% objective but some have never even tried. He's one of them. In his world everything is black and white. It's all about Hamilton. The rest are all morons, douche-bags and whatever they need to be to make his idol look better. He will trash his team mates, rival teams, rival drivers, even Mercedes, the FIA, members of this forum, the rest of the world. It's nothing but rabid bias. I have no idea what would make someone attach like this to some distant figure like an F1 driver but then I have no training in psychology.
    Ricciardo is a threat for the Hamo fanboys. Not for the championship, like Rosberg had been since 14. But for popular opinion that, accounting for the cars they drive, he may be the best driver in F1 atm.