Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , Tazzy , how did the little pay driver do today ?
    I'm starting to warm to the guy!

The reds , on the other hand , look to be trimmed down for a race because they were nowhere today .
    Possibly, but I don't think so. Mettel looked perplexed when asked for the reason on TV, and said this to the written media:
    The German reckoned set-up woes were not a likely cause of the disappointing performance - and dismissed suggestions that other teams could've excelled by setting up their cars for the wet conditions.
    "You set up the car to go as fast as you can, and the classic rain set-ups don't exist anymore," he said.

This one could be interesting .
    agreed!
    Last edited by Tazio; 2nd September 2017 at 19:22.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I'm starting to warm to the guy!

Possibly, but I don't think so. Mettel looked perplexed when asked for the reason on TV, and said this to the written media:

agreed!
    You just watch . Those red guys will be quick tomorrow .

This is Monza , dude .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Unbelievable lap from Hamilton today. He really has been driver of the season thus far. His qualifying is impeccable and his race performances are better than ever. It would be tragic for F1 if a guy that cheated and used his car as a weapon in Baku won the championship. Over half the season in and Hamilton is the only driver that stands out above the rest.

Ferrari were laughable today. Vettel starts 6th but we all know he is a net 5th with Kimi right in front of him. If he was a true great of F1 he would have at least been able to out qualify a useless Raikkonen.

Engine penalties are getting absurd now. Almost half the grid have penalties. Something needs to be changed in this regard for next year.

Not sure what happened to Bottas. He can't live with Hamilton in general but was miles off again today.

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow. Barring any first corner incidents and, assuming it's a dry race without any failures, I'd predict Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel top 3 in that order.

Super from Stroll and Ocon as well. Was delighted to see Perez got shown up again today by Ocon given his behaviour in Spa. The gulf in class between the two drivers is really beginning to show now and hopefully the Perez hype train can be stopped now that he is being showm up to be the average driver he really is.

Donkey of qualifying without doubt is Grosjean. It was a lack finesse and skill that crashed him on the main straight. He went offline and aquaplaned, then immediately went on the gas again offline which caused his spin. You wouldn't drive like that in a Corsa in the wet, nevermind a F1 car. He is yet another example of a driver on this grid that shouldn't be in F1. It still amazes me he has been able to keep his seat in F1 given his performances throughout the years.

I see Danny Ricciardo is getting above himself with his 5 race wins stating Vettel and Hamilton are no better than him or Max. In the case of Vettel this is certainly true. I find this an interesting comment overall since Max has actually smashed Danny this year in qualifying and Danny has been super poxed to get the points and win he had in Baku. Had Max not had such an incredible run of bad luck I think he would be 3rd in the championship now and breezed off in the distance ahead of Danny. Danny is a top drawer driver but he isn't the cream of the crop. Max, on the other hand, is probably on Hamilton's level. 2014 showed Vettel isn't even on Danny's level. Without the car Vettel is nowhere really.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd September 2017 at 08:38.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Any predictions on where stroll will be after lap 1?

Oh spank!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Mercedes 1-2 pretty quickly.

Max again in the wars
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

go ocon baby

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I think Massa will get a penalty for squeezing Max. [Edit: nope, no further action]

Stroll lost his 2nd place by being quite cautious on the brakes into turn 1, but who can blame him for that.
    Last edited by AndyL; 3rd September 2017 at 14:02.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Raikkonen's doing a good rear-gunner job for Vettel right now. No doubt Red Bull want to pit Ricciardo and give him a chance to chase Vettel on fresh tyres, but Raikkonen is keeping pace with Ricciardo right in his pit window.

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Great pass from Ricciardo on Raikkonen. No lock up whatsoever. Equally great driving from Raikkonen for leaving enough space.