Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts

Rally car's number plate/licence plate

There are some countries, that don't have special number plates for sport/rally cars (like Lithuania - we use regular ones), but in other countries there are sport car plates. Can you share your knowledge about that - conditions to get it, using conditions, bonuses, benefits, restrictions, etc.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    The UK has never used different registration plates for rally cars and I'm not aware of anywhere else that does. "Trade plates" (temporary dealer plates) are not allowed for competition use in UK either but I believe they were or are in Belgium.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Czech republic has special rally plates but I do not know the exact rules of their use. Maybe also France?

Quote Originally Posted by FAL View Post
    "Trade plates" (temporary dealer plates) are not allowed for competition use in UK either but I believe they were or are in Belgium.
    I would swear that I saw Czech temporary export plates on Škoda cars competing in UK.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    In Belgium there are no specific plates for rallycars. Trader plates are allowed.
    In France there are no more plates on the rallycars, only competition numbers. Unless they want to compete in other countries if course.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    In certain states in Australia I believe there is special plates for competition vehicles, but I don't know the specifics of how it works. I do know some states in Australia has some extremely restrictive rules on road worthiness in general, so that may well be the reason why they require competition plates as the car otherwise wouldn't normally be allowed on the road.

AFAIK Estonia has special number for sport cars, maybe our Estonian friend know more. And when Jacob Jansson drove in Samsonas Rally Rokiškis, he used Evo X with Swedish number plates but in orange color.

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    In Belgium there are no specific plates for rallycars. Trader plates are allowed.
    In France there are no more plates on the rallycars, only competition numbers. Unless they want to compete in other countries if course.
    Is it rallycross cars street legal? Isn't number plates only for street legal cars?

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    In Estonia red plates are special for rally cars. Quite easy to get them. In Finland you have special stickers instead of normal plates for rally cars. In France during competition you put stickers with competition number, but cars have also normal registration plates. In Belgium you have normal plates, but you have special registration rules for rally cars.
    I think in Slovakia there are some other rules for rally cars. In UK also some other rules, but I don't know exactly.

9. Likes: cali (31st August 2017)
    Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    In Denmark they have a thing called "prøvemærker". These are temporary stickers who are only valid during the rally. You're not allowed to use your rally car as your daily driver or to do a functional test on public roads. But the advantage is that you don't pay any taxes (as you do for a normal car).
    As far as I know, these rules exist since 2013. Before that many cars were registered in Germany because this was cheaper.
    More information here: http://www.skm.dk/media/139038/the-d...ate-system.pdf ("VII. temporary stickers")

11. Likes: electroliquid (31st August 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    In Denmark they have a thing called "prøvemærker". These are temporary stickers who are only valid during the rally. You're not allowed to use your rally car as your daily driver or to do a functional test on public roads. But the advantage is that you don't pay any taxes (as you do for a normal car).
    As far as I know, these rules exist since 2013. Before that many cars were registered in Germany because this was cheaper.
    More information here: http://www.skm.dk/media/139038/the-d...ate-system.pdf ("VII. temporary stickers")
    Same system in Finland.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"