Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This forum

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    You can discuss wether the level has dropped or not. Sometimes people are a bit too harsh for each other, maybe some more moderation could be used. Last years more new members entered, members who are often supporting some driver(s) and are a bit biased. No problem with that, as long as some mutual respect remains here. The forum is open to everyone and should stay like that, of course. Some people here have great insights, things we can all learn a lot from. All I can do is ask those people to not give up and keep following and posting on this forum. Some people here commented that they gave up (or became less active), sorry to say, but you are part of the reason why there's less interesting content on the forum. And that should be taken as a compliment.

2. Likes: dimviii (20th August 2017),janvanvurpa (22nd August 2017),Mintexmemory (20th August 2017),pantealex (21st August 2017),Rally Power (20th August 2017),Rallyper (21st August 2017),seb_sh (21st August 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Some of you here take things too seriously. Just take it easy, it's a rally forum....

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    There is another forum, that used to be very active, but now is asleep.
    We may continue a more friendly tone there. http://www.rallye-info.com/forum/

The main reason for discussion forums is to discuss, but in a friendly environment. People mean different tings, and that is normal. But we have to respect eachother, and not say that people are idiots, if they have a different opinion than you.

5. Likes: Hasselhoax (26th August 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    There is another forum, that used to be very active, but now is asleep.
    We may continue a more friendly tone there. http://www.rallye-info.com/forum/
    Come on Sulland, this is the best place in the net to talk about rally! For sure insults must be kept away but the sometimes harsh remarks that can come out from the debate are harmless and no one should take them personally. I can’t honestly say if the level is raising or not, as every time I get in I manage to learn new things about the sport, which is great. Like tommeke-b said, it’s always a plus to have insiders aboard, so I just hope those fine contributors can post more frequently. Anyway, best regards to you all and many thanks to the people that founded Motorsport Forums and are responsible for running it. Bem hajam! (bless you)
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: abxyz (22nd August 2017),dimviii (20th August 2017),KKS (21st August 2017),pantealex (21st August 2017),Rallyper (21st August 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Bem hajam! (bless you)
    May be it's good You didn't said "god bless You", who knows what some of us might think of.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    This is a truly great forum; it's easily the best forum I frequent online. Most members are very knowledgeable, and for the most part, the discussions are even tempered and well informed, from people who know and love the sport. It's true that there have been a couple of recent troublemakers (you know who you are), but hopefully they'll fu ck off in due course and allow the rest of us to continue as before.

10. Likes: skarderud (21st August 2017)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Some of you here take things too seriously. Just take it easy, it's a rally forum....
    And we also have the bar discussion thread ...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (22nd August 2017),pantealex (21st August 2017),Rally Power (21st August 2017)
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    I've joined this forum about 5 years ago and I personally can say only one thing, how the he'll I didn't managed to find it years ago? =) I follow the sport from 2000.
    I don't think that the level of discussion dramatically dropped, just more opinions that can't be described and supported by bare facts and direct straight forward explanations. I mean this season have all ready packed as many action as 10 previous combined, when dominance of one team and one driver isnide this team was so evident, that all had some kind of mutual agreement and pretty much nothing to discuss. This year we have so many different angles and interpretations on one fact and on top of that various opinions on that interpretations. New regs and withdraw of wv added spice to championship and made quite big list of different aspects that lead to success one or another driver in different rallies. On that wave the heat of discussion have rased and personal simpaties and antipaties became more visible.
    Anyway I enjoy the reading.
    Thank you all.
    Rps13

14. Likes: dimviii (22nd August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),Rally Power (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Maybe not the answer people want to hear for improving the Forum, but if everyone uses the Ignore facility to block the posts of the trolls then they will not get anyone replying to them.

Hopefully they will then tire of getting no effect from their posts and go elsewhere...

16. Likes: A FONDO (25th August 2017),GigiGalliNo1 (23rd August 2017),Hasselhoax (26th August 2017)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Maybe not the answer people want to hear for improving the Forum, but if everyone uses the Ignore facility to block the posts of the trolls then they will not get anyone replying to them.

Hopefully they will then tire of getting no effect from their posts and go elsewhere...

This doesn't help at all when the posts are being quoted though. Then it's there for everyone (unless you have ignored the person quoting as well)