Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Anybody who thinks WRC is healthy is living in cloud cuckoo land, anyway, remember back in 1996, only 3 teams, yet it seemed a lot more interesting,why?
    I've said on another thread that 12 rounds is what is needed, but who drops out? I don't know, regarding cars, surely WRCars are coming to an end, there are more manufacturers with S2000 cars. I'd like to know why so many countries want to hold a WRC round, yet there are only 3 manufacturers. The coverage is hardly great, is it? Here in Britain I can't remember the last time I saw a report on TV news or in the paper or on radio, most depressing.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the future of rallying is the changing of the WRC to S2000 cars wich fight every rally with....groupN cars(!), then i stop watching it.
    I want that a top sport as the world rally champ, have top cars, with top technology and top rally pace.Otherwise, it will look as a cheap sport like WTCC, with low mean in top sport. But, thats me

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus
    If the future of rallying is the changing of the WRC to S2000 cars wich fight every rally with....groupN cars(!), then i stop watching it.
    Is not going to happen
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus
    I want that a top sport as the world rally champ, have top cars, with top technology and top rally pace.Otherwise, it will look as a cheap sport like WTCC, with low mean in top sport. But, thats me
    Exactly.

What I want from rallying is equal machinery which brings out the skills of drivers, fierce fighting on stages with many drivers in cars from many manufacturers. Therefore WRC turning to PWRC vs. S2000 would be a blessing in my eyes.

But, that's just me
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    To be honest I'm not sure about S2000, but, if that's what the manufacturers are building then go ahead yes. I keep thinking maybe S2500 would be better but not sure. Anything that makes the WRC exciting I'm all for, at the moment it isn't.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I've been to many WRC events over the years, travelling to Perth ( 2000km away from here) and outside of Australia to Europe and New Zealand primarily to watch an event and then staying in the country where the event was held to do further sightseeing, contributing to the local economy by spending money on food, accomodation etc.
    However the way things are now I just can't be bothered going to an event just to see the FRM roll over everything. I can't say that I'm that interested in seeing 10 Ford Focus in a row either.
    If I'm at work on nightshift I'll follow an event through the web (no video nor sound though), but only because I'm awake anyway.
    The first Rally Australia (2000) I went to was the best event, numerous manufacturers, Seat, Hyundai, Ford, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota Australia running a WRC spec car and probably others I've forgotten.
    There didn't seem to be this "win at all costs" attitude with money no object from the factories then.
    OK, so maybe Ford need to spend more money to be on a par with citroen, however they are in dire straights financially worldwide and I think we are fortunate that they are even still involved. They could have easily gone the way of Mitsubishi who have also been suffering financially. How long will Subaru continue to be involved given their recent record, they pulled out of rallying in Australia when no-one thought they would, there must come a time when head office says "no more".
    New entries next year? Suzuki, anyone else?
    I lost interest in F1 when ecclestone got so greedy and F1 became entertainment not motorsport, now it seems rallying is going the same way, am I living in the past? probably.................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    And there is WRC coverage in the US.
    There is....do tell.
    I thought only via d/l.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smolvar
    There is....do tell.
    I thought only via d/l.

Look around on SpecialStage.com

There is a broadcaster that bought the rights for coverage. They are still working on the packaging, but the rights have been purchased.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cossie16
    The first Rally Australia (2000) I went to was the best event, numerous manufacturers, Seat, Hyundai, Ford, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota Australia running a WRC spec car and probably others I've forgotten.
    Was this the same Rally Australia in 2000 that I saw?

the first two days were nothing but "parade laps" where every body was fighting to be the slowest to avoid road sweeping... It didnt make for great viewing to me! (Thankyou FIA for the road position rule change)
    Plus Colin and Carlos retiring before lunch on day two didn't help.
    The last day was exciting though, and at least the guys in slower cars put on a show (Didier and A.Mcrae especially).

But you are right Cossie16 in that at least there were plenty of cars and drivers out in the forests to watch.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I think the major problem of the WRC is that we have too many rounds....limit them to 10 and things will start working out again.
    That is no solution for private teams. Gigi, Duval, Carlsson can't drive even 5 or 8 rounds. Less rounds wouldn't help.

What about MT Kronos. Stohl drives all rallies. But they haven't a second driver. What about the manu points? Do they loose the points. Can Stohl score them on his own?
    This question I had longer. A team has need 2 drivers they do at least 10 rounds isn't it?