Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A.F.F: I suppose your right. I guess im just concerned that if team X has a huge budget then they can afford to pay for the best drivers, while the teams with small budgets (but can still afford the pre set budget limit for running their WRC campaing) may only be able to afford unprooven drivers.
    It could work both ways I guess

jonkka: hmm, going on the assumption that control components ARE not crap, then I dont see how it cant work. Am I missing your point?
    A control part may be fine, but if its not and a team elects to develop their own part (strickly within the guidelines that the contol part was designed to) they the deveopment must be part of their yearly budget.
    In my eyes, that way the team is taking a gamble and hoping that a specific component will give them the edge in one area of car development while ither areas may suffer.
    Its just a thought, nothing more.

As for budget restraints, Im not too sure.
    I guess each team would have to elect to spend certainb amounts of money on development, parts, test days etc and get it pre approved before the season.
    Obviously my idea is flawed as its only something I thought of today, so it needs work.

Viking: Thanks

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Budget restraints won't work - I see no way for that to be reenforced. As a relative newbie, can someone explain to me the difference between the current regulations and Group A regulations, and how the group A regulations would make the WRC better?

Thanks

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    So 2012 is the time the current regs run till, they're hopeful, will thee be any manufacturers left? Changes need to be made sooner rather than later.We want cheaper cars, costs, etc but more manufacturers for an exciting worldwide championship, with great promotion etc. The number of rounds does need to be cut though, I'd rather have 12 rounds with 4 days than 16+ rounds of 2-3 days.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    http://www.ircseries.com

"Abarth, Citroen, Honda, Mitsubishi and Peugeot will compete on the Rally of Turkey, and they will be joined by Volkswagen from the next event - the Ypres Rally in Belgium - onwards"

Manufacturer wise sounds much more interesting already.....tho safari was good, coverage was more or less based on the Abarth team/s /cars and ahhhhhhh some PWRC guys
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    FIAT Rally is also second round of the European Championship, a series that looks much more healthy after the WRC cars were replaced by Super 2000 category:
    http://www.ercrally.com/haberler.asp?id=25
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    So 2012 is the time the current regs run till, they're hopeful, will thee be any manufacturers left? Changes need to be made sooner rather than later.We want cheaper cars, costs, etc but more manufacturers for an exciting worldwide championship, with great promotion etc. The number of rounds does need to be cut though, I'd rather have 12 rounds with 4 days than 16+ rounds of 2-3 days.
    Best idea I've heard all day.

I love the WRC but it is - kind of a shambles compared to what it used to be, 1998, 2002, 2003. ace seasons. If only it could be like that again, with all the manufacturers, drivers, rounds, it would be truly awesome.
    http://www.wrc3f.tk|| CMR2 BRC Yorkshire/McRae Tribute Winner :) ||