Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bt52b
    The was talk of having two day events, thus freeing more days, for more rallies...
    so having a two day rally some how makes more room for more rallyes?? Don't forget it costs to go to an event with travel and many many expenses!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sure, fewer days, with the same KMs

More stages, more endurance, less of a sprint mentality, and dare I hope, night stages?
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    more Km's is what we need.
    if they run 500k of special stages in 3 or 2 days I don't mind but I still think we need longer rallyes
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

MJW
    When you consider the most teams test on the weeken before a rally, or for the M2 teams and PCWRC drivers they test on monday, recce tuesday and wednesday, shakedown thursday, rally friday, saturday and sunday. If we dropped friday and moved SD to friday, teams could save at least one days accomodation. cut the pre event test as well and you could effectively make rally week from wed / thur (recce) fri S/D & ceremonial stuff, long day sat / finish 5 pm sunday. a late leg on saturday for night stages, and you save on accomodation. Sure the travel costs remain, but based on a rally hotel @ €70 per person per night, for a 50 person team that is €3500 per rally, for each night saved. Over 16 rounds that is €56,000. Not much in big teams buget but it will help. Assume a works team testing the whole weekend before, maybe thursday & friday as well and the saving gets ever larger.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    They might as well skip Sundays as it is, rallies are decided by Saturday night.

Sunday has been pretty pointless for a long time already...
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought some teams opposed to the proposed 2-day event couple years ago because it will cut the time to showcase themselves to sponsors/VIP's. The smaller team may welcome shorter events as they don't have as many guests, but I don't know about the manufacturer teams. Afterall the manufacturers are the ones who build cars, if they want more PR opportunity and prefer 3 day-event, WRC event should be 3-days.

As from fans' perspective, the competitive km is important and not so much of how many days the event runs.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    3 days implies 3 days of coverage in media. That is something all the teams (works teams I mean) are mean to seek.

I prefer longer rallies, and specially longer specials (40 and 50 km long ones, with harder tires, strategies to save cars and tires, and more talent implied)
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Instead of cutting a day, increase by 1 day. Personally I'd have 12 rounds, all of 4 days, Thursday - Sunday lunchtime, approx 300-350 miles. Seriously, the WRC is in trouble, I'd go back to the future, and although unpopular end the WRCar formula, S2000 is the future.....

....I think? WRC needs much more manufacturers willing to make inexpensive cars..

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I wonder what margin would Loeb win if rallyes last for four days ?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I wonder what margin would Loeb win if rallyes last for four days ?

Exactly!

Although, adding more KM's would bring back the original endurance nature of rallyin instead of the sprint events we have now. And it would increase possibilities of catching a bigger lead. With no "mousse" tyres it would be an even bigger chance.

But with TV etc., that is unlikely to happen.