Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Hell, let's make two or three different SSS's in three different towns, thursday in Jyskälä, friday in Tampere, saturday in Helsinki. Slap the cars and crews in a Pendolino and with any luck they''ll be there and back in few hours.

Or perhaps not in aPendolino...
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    The way Helsinki looks every frigging summer, it would be an excellent location to simulate Rally Cypros or Turkey. I mean the holes in the roads aren't any smaller...
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Long time ago they did drive Laajavuori the current shakedown stage as a proper stage, i think that could be ok now too, its in the town and easy to get there, also there is places where to park cars for the spectators.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    I like the idea it keeps the corporate drunkards away from real action in Central Finland

On the serious side, don't think the venue is set yet, Kaivopuisto is just one option but like Mahonen said there are some issues around it (safety) so my bet is that it will be somewhere else than in Kaivopuisto.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Do they still have the concrete blocks from DTM races left?
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    I don't think it would take anything away from the real action in traditional stages. What it would do is add new spectators and could rise interest in the sport. And would be a good option for VIP's instead of the boring trip to Jyväskylä . And would probably bring a lot of money in form of tickets sold.

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    With all these shunny ideas of SSS very far from HQ, maybe (if we would be in WRC callendar...) the 2008 Rally of Portugal could have a SSS in Madeira Island or Azores Island. Is not far, by plane is less than two hours
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Would be cool if there was a Rally Russia, held in Kamchatka between volcanoes(should look spectacular), and then they hold an SSS in Moscow. Now that would be something.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    I don't think it would take anything away from the real action in traditional stages. What it would do is add new spectators and could rise interest in the sport. And would be a good option for VIP's instead of the boring trip to Jyväskylä . And would probably bring a lot of money in form of tickets sold.
    Do you think there is too little spectators on the stages in jyskälä?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kaivopuisto sounds better than Stadium. Stadium is certainly most boring place to see rally cars.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner