Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry. meant take name out of hat aid.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Lets just wait for the GP shall we?

Apparently the reduced speed at the last corner will aid overtaking into T1.

F1 circuits have enough hi-speed corners as it is, and not enough overtaking.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    F1 circuits have enough hi-speed corners as it is, and not enough overtaking.
    I'd still like to see more high speed corners. Heck, I think every turn should be a middle or high speed corner...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    most circuits are dull anyway. I love F1 and thats the only reason i didnt switch off during the last 3 races. The spanish GP has always been dull. If you want to know what a procession looks like watch the spanish GP. Roll on Spa, Silverstone, Monaco and the Italian GP. Almost forgot Suzuka!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    I'd still like to see more high speed corners. Heck, I think every turn should be a middle or high speed corner...
    But that's the problem with Barcelona, there's too many hi-speed corners and F1 cars produce too much downforce.

Its traditionally a track that tests how good the car's aero is and lots of boring races.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    But that's the problem with Barcelona, there's too many hi-speed corners and F1 cars produce too much downforce.
    Hmmm... some other classes can race pretty well on the same circuits, only F1 can't... Whose fault this is, track's or F1 cars'? I would rather butcher the dumbo wings than castrate the track.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bontebempo
    most circuits are dull anyway. I love F1 and thats the only reason i didnt switch off during the last 3 races. The spanish GP has always been dull. If you want to know what a procession looks like watch the spanish GP. Roll on Spa, Silverstone, Monaco and the Italian GP. Almost forgot Suzuka!!!
    Now you've got me started!

I'm losing hope with Silverstone. They hardly touch the brakes until Club corner. It may sound great on paper but it's a joke, IMHO! Who wants to remember last year's race?

Hate to say it but they probably need Tilke to turn Stowe into a large braking zone.

I feel a bit sad for Magny Cours because 10 years ago it would've been a race I looked forward to. But now the cars produce so much downforce and grip that its difficult to pick up a tow on the back straight.

The only exception is Suzuka. It's such a great circuit no matter how dull or entertaining the race is, it never ceases to amaze me. The final chicane probably needs modifying so it can be wide enough on entry to race wheel to wheel and not crash into you opponent.

Sorry, rant over!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The only exception is Suzuka. It's such a great circuit no matter how dull or entertaining the race is, it never ceases to amaze me. The final chicane probably needs modifying so it can be wide enough on entry to race wheel to wheel and not crash into you opponent.
    Nah they managed it easier than that, they dropped the track and will go to Fuji!
    Isn't Bernie a sweetheart, why change such a good track when it's easier and cheaper to move to another one??? :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Hmmm... some other classes can race pretty well on the same circuits, only F1 can't... Whose fault this is, track's or F1 cars'? I would rather butcher the dumbo wings than castrate the track.
    It the cars!

F1 cars create too much downforce from the wing which creates the turbulent air - especially with high speed corners.

Downforce increases grip and therefore reduces braking distances

One way to reduce grip and increase braking distances is having a sole tyre supplier who will produce hard-spec tyres and for wide circuit to have long straights with a hairpin or chicane at the end

Another way is to re-write the aero regulations for extremely less downforce than we have now, but I doubt we will see this in the near future.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    One thing I do like about that chicane, having seen it on an edition of Motorsport Mundial (pre-season testing) was those nice high kerbs on the inside. At least the drivers shouldn't be tempted to short-cut (i.e. cheat) their way through it by essentially "forgetting" it's there. Glad to see from the picture on the ITV website that they haven't lowered them since then, which I was worried about...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com