Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Btw, Coulthard also clocked fastest time in mid-February at Barcelona, so it's a bit early to say that this testing time is a true indicator of their form.
    Maybe, but if we look at their best times in mid February and now, we can see they've improve .789 s. per lap.

Only 5 teams had better times now than then:

Toro Rosso: 3.525 s. better.
    Super Aguri: 2.111 s. better.
    Reb Bull: .789 s. better.
    McLaren: .634 s. better.
    Spyker: .314 s. better.
    Toyota: .244 s. better.

Toro Rosso and Super Aguri cases are different, as their cars then wasn't the ones they were using since Australia, but the other 4 teams have shown a better pace.

Probably Williams could have achieved it too, but after the crash they couldn't try.

And about the rest, Raikkönen closed the gap with Massa in Ferrari, as Kubica did with Heidfeld in BMW, and Fisichella with Kovalainen in Renault. Honda was over a second slower than in February.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it was more then just a new front wing they where testing at barcelona, they tested an entirely new aero package including significant changes to the sidepods. The results of back to back testing between the old and new aero package are "very encouraging" according to a RBR crew member who was quoted in an aussie mag.

They have also been working flat knackers on updating alot of the cars electrical systems, which have been the route cause of all the reliability related issues they have had so far this year

im expecting them to continue to improve for the rest of the season, they have actually made more progress then anyone since the start of the season! Its just that the car was very slow at the start!! I think they will be challenging BMW for the "third best team" tag by the midway point of the season, and may even win that battle by the end of the season.

I expect a good race for webber and coulthard at monaco, both of those guys seem to be incredibly quick at monaco no matter what kind of car they are driving! Mark even made that horrible blue and white thing he was driving last year seem like a bit of a quick car at monaco! untill the inevitable happened ofcourse...

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    It's a shame Newey left Mclaren for RBR... I don't like this team at all. I don't care much for all that show they organize at every event... they don't mean much in F1 and I believe they re not there to stay

Some kind of F1's Chelski.... I don't want to say how much I dislike that team too...

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I think Roman Abromovich isn't planning on going anywhere, just like Red Bull.

I think we could find out how good Newey is. Is he potentially the only one man, who any team can employ, who can all but guarantee you success?

That's worth more than any team principal, or any driver, or anyone else if he manages to win Red Bull Racing races!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts