Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Comments about Red Bull Racing

Interesting that no-one is discussing about them. They were pretty quick at Bahrain, but some questionmarks remain. There was only one-week-long pause between Sepang and Sakhir races and there wasn't any testing between those races. So the question is: was Sakhir track just suitable to RB, which enabled them to be in points competition or have they really improved? They seem to have been getting better since their car launch (as someone at Red Bull said: "In early February we lost 1,5 secons to Williams, now we are at the same level"), but how much will that progress continue and will they be able to start rising in the WCC? One interesting fact: if we include Red Bull's predecessor Jaguar, then they have finished in 7th position in the WCC for five seasons (!!) in a row. Will this trend continue this season?

Red Bull has also tested new front wing during the last days at Barcelona:

Your comments?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have nothing to say about them because they have me completely underwhelmed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Coulthard has just beated the circuit record in Barcelona. Of course it was on a single lap, low fuel, qualy-simulation, but it's a big step forward for the team (his mate was also quick last Monday).

I think they're closing the gap, settled in 4th position after McLaren, Ferrari and BMW.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, they have Adrian Newey doing what he does best, a competitive engine, two very capable drivers and plenty of money, so you have to figure that this is probably their best chance to make a breakthrough. I notice that DC finished top of the test times at Barcelona today, it's probably not _that_ significant but they do seem to be making progress.

Fingers crossed.

Btw, Coulthard also clocked fastest time in mid-February at Barcelona, so it's a bit early to say that this testing time is a true indicator of their form.

And about being 4th. First they should try to score some points and try to pass Williams, before challenging for 4th in the WCC.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mark Webber has made it through to the top 10 in qualy every time this year, so far, so it shows that the cars are fast over a single lap.I think in Bahrain we saw them beginning to get a hold on the car and get that one lap pace throug to the race. What they really need to concentrate on is cutting out all these small problems, Webber as had the fuel flap jam open and obscure the air flow to the rear wing in two of the three races so far, and reliability needs to be much better as well.

On pace alone, though, they do seem to be the 4th fastest out there.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Mark Webber has made it through to the top 10 in qualy every time this year, so far, so it shows that the cars are fast over a single lap.I think in Bahrain we saw them beginning to get a hold on the car and get that one lap pace throug to the race. What they really need to concentrate on is cutting out all these small problems, Webber as had the fuel flap jam open and obscure the air flow to the rear wing in two of the three races so far, and reliability needs to be much better as well.

On pace alone, though, they do seem to be the 4th fastest out there.
    spot on!
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I think this team has two capable drivers, good at R&D and capable of podiums if the car is reasonably fast. 4th place in the championship is not impossible - e have to see how this team races in Europe.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Yeah, fourth position in the WCC is not impossible for Red Bull (visibly more possible than, for example, for Honda), but I suppose that at the moment in current situation the main contenders for fourth are continually Renault and Toyota, who have consistently scored points and also have reliable cars.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think RBR have a lot of their systems being upgraded for the next race, some of the current ones I have heard being described as "agricultural", so it should be worth seeing if this sorts out those niggeling problems.