Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea the arrows sprung to my mind when i saw the pic, if it work it works but we'll see.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Good gawd, that is honestly enough to turn me off formula 1
    I simply couldn't see myself waking up at stupid-o-clock in the morning, donning my bath robe and fluffy-bunny slippers, plodding over to the the telly, half asleep with coffe cup in hand and actually watching those things for 90 minutes
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Those are not only ugly ,but also useless:

<<Seventh quickest Christian Klien caused a few raised eyebrows in the morning when he tried out extra nose wings, nicknamed 'Dumbo Wings', on his Honda Racing RA107.

The extra devices did not prove a success, however, with team sources suggesting that the idea was scrapped when it became clear very quickly it did not provide any benefit to the problems the team are suffering.>>

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58486
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Good gawd, that is honestly enough to turn me off formula 1
    I simply couldn't see myself waking up at stupid-o-clock in the morning, donning my bath robe and fluffy-bunny slippers, plodding over to the the telly, half asleep with coffe cup in hand and actually watching those things for 90 minutes
    you would be put off f1 because of some odd looking wings on 1 car?

have you not looked at most of the other cars on the grid then?

im pretty sure every team has far too many odd winglets on them
    nowhere fast.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Total radicalism - Honda's only way to get out of the hole, where they currently are. :

But wierd or not - IMO it's nice to see teams being innovative and trying to think out new and interesting solutions to get the car better.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoostation
    you would be put off f1 because of some odd looking wings on 1 car?...
    Yes I would. Like you said, I already find the cars embarrassingly ugly to look at and I would have a hard time supporting a series that relies on "dumbo" wings to be competitive
    F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and this is what it's reduced to?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Yes I would. Like you said, I already find the cars embarrassingly ugly to look at and I would have a hard time supporting a series that relies on "dumbo" wings to be competitive
    F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and this is what it's reduced to?
    your statements contradict

If want F1 to be the pinnacle of motorsports then you should accept any part that adds to the performance of the car regardless of how ugly it looks

if you want to have cars without all these winglets on them (looking like the cars of the 90s for example) then it means F1 cars wont be at the pinnacle of motorsports
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    If want F1 to be the pinnacle of motorsports then you should accept any part that adds to the performance of the car regardless of how ugly it looks
    The problem is that all these aero parts might well add performance, but they are damaging the racing. If the 'pinnacle of motorsports' is to be a procession, the order of which is determined by who has the best wind-tunnel then the FIA have got things wrong.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Couldn't sink any lower, can it?
    Those Honda guys are funny. To me, the car with its mostly blue livery looked like a dolphin or something, now it's got fins too. What next, fishtail shaped rear wing? Now that would be something...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    does the wing represent the speed of the car?? Like in elephant
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"