Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz9908
    Don't forget Keeping the Name 'Williams'. We've lost to many great names, some tradition must be kept.
    Well, here we're speculating wildly about scenarios almost certain to never appear, but since this is the long gap between Grands Prix, why not?

I would think that if Toyota were to buy out Williams, they would not want to keep the Williams name, at least not for more than a year or two. It would dilute the identity of the Toyota team to have another great name attached.

I don't think Williams have the luxury of ensuring, at the time of a sell-out, that the name will survive. Eddie Jordan also wanted to keep the Jordan name alive in F1, but it didn't last long, did it? BMW still use Sauber's name, but I believe that agreement expires at the end of this year. The fact is, these names do disappear, and Williams will be no exception.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    I think, janneppi, that if Toyota were to

(1) offer a decent price for Williams
    (2) promise to keep Williams's staff, adding to them, rather than replacing them
    (3) promise that the Grove facilities would remain operational, so that Williams's staff could remain employed in the UK, rather than moving to Cologne

then the chances of Frank Williams and Patrick Head selling out are about 100%. But those are very big if's!!!
    Hhmmmm.... IMO, Frank could have gotten a much better deal from BMW...

~ 3 years ago.

The opportunity was there for BMW to "buy in"...
    somewhat like the Mercedes deal that was with McLaren.

Williams was feeling some heat over their chassis not performing... but, as I recall, an offer was on the table.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    One question. In 2005 there were rumours that when Toyota starts an engine-relationship with Williams, they will advertise the engines with the name of Lexus. So in theory we should be seeing Williams-Lexus in official team names. Why haven't this happened?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    One question. In 2005 there were rumours that when Toyota starts an engine-relationship with Williams, they will advertise the engines with the name of Lexus. So in theory we should be seeing Williams-Lexus in official team names. Why haven't this happened?
    MARKETING decision !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wasn't just one forumer here that kept saying that over and over again?
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p