Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Internet version?

Can't we just get an internet version?
    That will solve most of the problem.

I subscribe for the photos. The news is generally old and high level.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats bad news! I thought somthing was up as I have no reponce from any emails to the www.rallyworldmagazine.com website.
    Wonder what will happen to wrc.com as Rally World Magazine provided the text news and information.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc_flipper
    Thats bad news! I thought somthing was up as I have no reponce from any emails to the www.rallyworldmagazine.com website.
    Wonder what will happen to wrc.com as Rally World Magazine provided the text news and information.

To be fair RallyWorld utilized a lot of the same sources of content, their partnership with WRC.com/ISC did little to add any real substance to either outlet.

It is sad to see the magazine fold the way that not appears to be undeniable. However, there was always content problems and distribution problems. The magazine failed to deliver anything really substantive, there was a real lack of major behind the scenes or insider information. The fact that what content was available in the magazine was also available, sometimes months before publication, never helped matters.

The reason I subscribed to RallyXS was the fact that while they didn't have much to offer in the way of new content, they were able to tell their stories, and present their content in a far more interesting and entertaining way. I wasn't really getting anything that wasn't weeks or months old, but it was entertaining. RallyWorld never found the right mix of reporting, entertainment, and special content to ever justify its price or its publication dates.

I'm really sad to see this endeavour end this way. I've known various people that have worked on this project from start to finish. They put their heart and soul into it. What is sad is that it was a loosing battle. Only magazines with name power and publication dates like Autosport can survive on the news of motorsport alone.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    I'm really sad to see this endeavour end this way. .
    I'm really sad to lose my money

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    I'm really sad to lose my money

I doubt they will totally fold up shop and leave the subscribers high and dry.

More than likely they will try to fold the remaining pro-rated balance into either WRC+ or into a similiar magazine.

I've had 4 other publications do this to me in the past. Although, RallyXS turned over into Autosport so that was an upgrade...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A good friend of mine was working in the spanish version of RALLY XS. They were just a journalist, a photographer, a secretary, one translator and the coordinator, but their work en spanish stories was limited in the number of pages by the 'Big Boss', even Spanish publicity pages have a portion to be paid to the 'Big Boss', even when it was decided to change the type of letter to be used, for example from arial to New Roman, they were obliged to pay....
    The new Rally World magazine was less interesting than RALLY XS...for me.

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Is sad to see that WRC is falling in visibility. The discusion about it has years on this forum, not all agree but the truth is that WRC is losing space and spectators. The end of a magazine is one more sign of it, and maybe also a sign that even with WRC falling some magazine bosses want to manage their projects as if it were in formula 1 target with millions of fans.

Autosport is surviving because is a big name and specially because it has F1. Without F1 a lot of publications would fall.

This is a obvious evidence that WRC is in really bad field, but for me is nothing new.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Doesn't bode well for someone who wants to get into rally journalism like me does it! In all seriousness I've had to broaden my horizons in terms of the motorsport i follow because there doesnt seem to be a lot of hope for the WRC in its current state.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I very much doubt that there was ever the market for a magazine dedicated to the WRC.
    I agree there is not nor has ever been big enough market for a magazine dedicated solely for WRC.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sadly I believe you are correct. The fabled Rally Sport magazine that UK fans remember thru rose tinted spectacles didnt rely that heavily on the WRC in it's first incarnation, the short lived second version did but used a lot of archive material. As an English speaking UK rallyfan I get very jealous when I see most of my European,Japanese and Antipodean counterparts being very well catered for with several titles in each country.

I