Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    117
    Like
    32
    Liked 93 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Has Johan Kristoffersen ever driven a rally? Could he be fast on a rally like Ekstrom was with the Skoda?
    He did! Look at his profile at ewrc-results.com: https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=93444

    He always did an excellent job. He reminds me of Ekström as well: fast in every discipline, in every car, on every track... Fully deserves the World RX title this year!

  2. Likes: Rallyper (14th August 2017)
  3. #42
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,245
    Like
    711
    Liked 133 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So soon we´ll see Ogier with British flag then. Confusing I must say.
    Possible if he decides to us british licence. Must say not confusing at all, specially if you are involved in rallying for a such a long time.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  4. Likes: JUF (14th August 2017)
  5. #43
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    Like
    1,113
    Liked 1,672 Times in 785 Posts
    No. On WRC to change flag you need change nationality like Tempestini. The license nationality is irrelevant.

  6. Likes: cali (14th August 2017),pantealex (14th August 2017),Rallyper (14th August 2017)
  7. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,195
    Like
    1,584
    Liked 734 Times in 454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Possible if he decides to us british licence. Must say not confusing at all, specially if you are involved in rallying for a such a long time.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Yeah have been. But license decides flag on car, didn´t know at all. Still confusing to me.

    Edit: Didn´t read post above before posting mine.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  8. #45
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,245
    Like
    711
    Liked 133 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Yeah have been. But license decides flag on car, didn´t know at all. Still confusing to me.

    Edit: Didn´t read post above before posting mine.
    Yeah, apparently in WRC is not that easy, but on national level I have seen many "strange" flags on cars.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  9. #46
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    17,848
    Like
    3,407
    Liked 4,197 Times in 1,830 Posts
    License drives the flag on the car anywhere except WRC. WRC is the only exception where the flag is driven by actual nationality.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  10. Likes: Andre Oliveira (14th August 2017),AnttiL (14th August 2017),cali (14th August 2017),JUF (14th August 2017),Maui J. (14th August 2017),pantealex (14th August 2017),TWRC (14th August 2017)
  11. #47
    Senior Member itix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    994
    Like
    834
    Liked 493 Times in 283 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    License drives the flag on the car anywhere except WRC. WRC is the only exception where the flag is driven by actual nationality.
    So just out of curiosity, if you have dual nationality, what flag will be on the car? The one you chose I presume?

  12. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,924
    Like
    0
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    So just out of curiosity, if you have dual nationality, what flag will be on the car? The one you chose I presume?
    Yes, for example Max Verstappen is born and raised in Belgium but he chooses the Dutch nationality of his father for commercial reasons.

  13. #49
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    17,848
    Like
    3,407
    Liked 4,197 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    So just out of curiosity, if you have dual nationality, what flag will be on the car? The one you chose I presume?
    As far as I know you can have dual citizenship but not dual nationality. But I am not sure that I use correct English words.

  14. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,440
    Like
    443
    Liked 978 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    Yes, for example Max Verstappen is born and raised in Belgium but he chooses the Dutch nationality of his father for commercial reasons.
    Not really, it's because he identifies himself as being Dutch. He has never considered himself being Belgian.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •