Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts

Cool Most specific rally

There are many who say that this or that rally is very special-
    I ask; For who and in relation to what.

Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Sorry for OT, but which rally isn't specific in WRC or ERC? I always thought that Rally Finland is classic rally - exactly as rally should be.

you will understand at next rally why Finland is specific.

Why: dimviii

2. Likes: electroliquid (31st July 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    wow...

i never knew there are people like you in real life....

you learn something every day.

In any case, I would say that the most specific, for most drivers from most countries is Monte. Scandinavian, Baltic and probably Spanish, Portuguese, Greek .... yes maybe all other countries than France and Italy dont run rally with snow and ice on asphalt. What other countries run rally with Monte-spikes might you tell me.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    i would say monte or sweden.

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    You know Portugal? Lol we don’t have snow or ice in rally for years...

7. Likes: electroliquid (31st July 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i would say monte or sweden.
    Can not agree with that, at least not entirely. For Russians, baltic (maybe also Polish) and of course Scandinavians, Swedish is not a special rally. They are used with tires that have 20mm studs (6-8mm overhang). They are also used to fast relatively wide forest roads.
    (Believe it or not) Driving with spikes is also very similar to various types of gravel.
    And with this reasoning, I think Monte is more specific also for most drivers.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    Can not agree with that, at least not entirely. For Russians, baltic (maybe also Polish) and of course Scandinavians, Swedish is not a special rally. They are used with tires that have 20mm studs (6-8mm overhang). They are also used to fast relatively wide forest roads.
    (Believe it or not) Driving with spikes is also very similar to various types of gravel.
    And with this reasoning, I think Monte is more specific also for most drivers.
    i was comparing them with other wrc rally's, not with every single rally on the planet. for fins, finland is not special. for mexicans, mexico is not special, ...

gravel and asphalt are the usual surface in the wrc. snow, and asphalt with snow are the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i was comparing them with other wrc rally's, not with every single rally on the planet. for fins, finland is not special. for mexicans, mexico is not special, ...

gravel and asphalt are the usual surface in the wrc. snow, and asphalt with snow are the exceptions.
    I argue just because I think this is an interesting topic, not to pick on you.

But as you understand, I disagree that Swedish is so special as people from the continent constantly mention, and I think it is due to lack of experience driving on studdy tires.
    I repeat; It is very similar to driving on gravel.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    I argue just because I think this is an interesting topic, not to pick on you.

But as you understand, I disagree that Swedish is so special as people from the continent constantly mention, and I think it is due to lack of experience driving on studdy tires.
    I repeat; It is very similar to driving on gravel.
    having grip at snow,is not similar to gravel.If it was similar we had seen plenty south Europe drivers to succeed at Sweden.

12. Likes: pantealex (1st August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    having grip at snow,is not similar to gravel.If it was similar we had seen plenty south Europe drivers to succeed at Sweden.
    Plenty, who? Of the big one's, it's rarest that not Colin, Carlos and Didier ever won. Colin and Carlos were very close on several occasions. It was only unfortunate circumstances that caused them not to win. Even Didier was in charge and could have won if he was not disqualified or added time for help outside the service area.
    But: Carlos never won in Australia either, Didier also did not win in Britania or Portugal.

Gravel is not simular to gravel either. Some gravel are more simular to snow and is than to some other form of gravel.