Page 10 of 160 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Source was Fernando Albes.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Well you should have said that in the beginning. Fernando is always right

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    So it's official now that Toyota will be there with just 2 cars. Contrary to most of the people here I don't like this decision. Or Toyota has really not the budget we think they have, or they are being a bit unfair to Juho. I know very well he is not going to compete next year but I think a team should grow also a sentiment of "team" that can go over the concepts of money and budget sometimes.
    I think that Hanninen, who has developed the car from the very beginning, and who has worked very hard to get valuable points after a difficulty start of the championship, deserved a place in Australia.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    So it's official now that Toyota will be there with just 2 cars. Contrary to most of the people here I don't like this decision. Or Toyota has really not the budget we think they have, or they are being a bit unfair to Juho. I know very well he is not going to compete next year but I think a team should grow also a sentiment of "team" that can go over the concepts of money and budget sometimes.
    I think that Hanninen, who has developed the car from the very beginning, and who has worked very hard to get valuable points after a difficulty start of the championship, deserved a place in Australia.
    What if Juho didn't want to drive in Australia?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Tommi confirms there will be only two cars, so no-one's replacing Hänninen in Australia. And Juho's plans (the story doesn't say if there's any) for 2018 will be announced later.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    What if Juho didn't want to drive in Australia?
    ???

The same way it took Toyota ages to get Lappi into the third car this year, they clearly aren't throwing money around on this project for the sake of it. Taking Hanninen to Australia at the expense of Lappi makes no sense looking forward - even Juho would acknowledge this I'm sure. With the way the freight works I don't think you can make these snap decisions when it comes to entering long-haul events.

You could argue (and many people have) that Juho was lucky to even be in the drive this year. I'm really glad he did get the chance, but in the end he showed us exactly what we already knew. He can be fast everywhere but is nowhere near consistent enough across a season. I hope he can stick around and do some test/R5 work - maybe a car for Finland who knows.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

8. Likes: EstWRC (16th October 2017),pantealex (16th October 2017),steve.mandzij (16th October 2017),TWRC (16th October 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Tommi said in MTV3 "tulosruutu" video that Juho is driving development tests in Spain same time as Rally Australia.

Decision to go with 2 cars was made months ago.

Juho didn´t recce Australia last year.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2017),Hartusvuori (16th October 2017),rallye-vid (16th October 2017)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    You could argue (and many people have) that Juho was lucky to even be in the drive this year. I'm really glad he did get the chance, but in the end he showed us exactly what we already knew. He can be fast everywhere but is nowhere near consistent enough across a season. I hope he can stick around and do some test/R5 work - maybe a car for Finland who knows.
    Sorry, but that's quite poor and insufficient analysis in my opinion. Ofcourse you could argue for and against whether Juho was lucky to get the TGR seat in 2016 - as easily as you can argue for and against whether he was really unlucky not to get that kind of a seat somewhere around 2012.

And sure, at the end of the day, there's no-one else to blame, Juho could and should have done better during the first half of the season. The trend, however, is positive and I think (personal opinion) that Juho would be really valuable asset for TGR in 2018 but what can you do? It'd be quite absurd to criticize someone for hiring Tänak as well. Though, I think the line-up of Tänak, JML and Lappi is far from ideal, but that's whole another topic altogether...

12. Likes: Hartusvuori (16th October 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Sorry, but that's quite poor and insufficient analysis in my opinion.
    Okay dude. Your opinion. My opinion. Tell me how I'm wrong though don't just say it's poor.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia