Page 7 of 160 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    With regards to Ogier my impression from end of 2016 is that Tommi didn't actual want him and was ordered by Toyota to let him test.....
    Ok, probably having Ogier would add more pressure on their first year…but then, why let him do a test on a wrongly tuned car and take the bad publicity? Japan asked Makinen to make the test and Makinen ‘sabotaged’ it? It’s all a bit hard to believe...especially knowning that the car was improved before homologation and the wet tarmac conditions were new to the team.

Honestly, I hope Ogier will go to Citroen just because it’d be a guarantee of having all manus fighting for the win, but it’s hard to understand that the world biggest car manu won’t fight to have the world best rally driver, no matter who runs their team.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Honestly, I hope Ogier will go to Citroen just because it’d be a guarantee of having all manus fighting for the win, but it’s hard to understand that the world biggest car manu won’t fight to have the world best rally driver, no matter who runs their team.
    I believe it's not Japanese way to do things like that, to buy best driver and then take credits. Maybe they want to build best car and to prove it by letting car be driven by those, who are fast but not already proved themselves?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Ok, probably having Ogier would add more pressure on their first year…but then, why let him do a test on a wrongly tuned car and take the bad publicity? Japan asked Makinen to make the test and Makinen ‘sabotaged’ it? It’s all a bit hard to believe...especially knowning that the car was improved before homologation and the wet tarmac conditions were new to the team.

Well Tommi himself said 1 month later that it was right for Ogier to turn them down cause the car wasn't good then.... which really begs the question why they let him test on wet tarmac which was new for the car in the first place. Malcolm put Ogier in Fiesta on dry gravel on their own test track.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    They want Ogier now but case was different year ago: Think if worlds best driver can´t be competitive with your car, who to blame? Yes, car.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

5. Likes: electroliquid (25th August 2017),Rally Power (25th August 2017),Rallyper (25th August 2017)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    i was just thinking with the rumours that Malcolm cant hold all of his drivers....Ogier, Latvala and Tänak in Toyota would be quite a lineup...Lappi in 4th car.

well, one can dream
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (25th August 2017),pantealex (28th August 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i was just thinking with the rumours that Malcolm cant hold all of his drivers....Ogier, Latvala and Tänak in Toyota would be quite a lineup...Lappi in 4th car.
    well, one can dream
    I was about to mention the possible fears of a VW steam roll remake if Toyota gets Ogier alongside Latvala and Lappi and you’re adding Tanak to the lineup…for some that would be a nightmare, not a dream!

Seriously, current situation is different from 2012 and the general balance probably won’t get affected by next year drivers moves. Btw, I agree with mknight on Tanak: he would probably have more chances to become champ at MSport (without Ogier) than in Toyota, alongside Latvala and Lappi. Time will tell.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Well Tommi himself said 1 month later that it was right for Ogier to turn them down cause the car wasn't good then.... which really begs the question why they let him test on wet tarmac which was new for the car in the first place. Malcolm put Ogier in Fiesta on dry gravel on their own test track.
    I thought Ogier tested in Rheola (Walters Arena) and not Greystoke?

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I thought Ogier tested in Rheola (Walters Arena) and not Greystoke?
    Correct. Still though I guess it's somewhere M-Sport know well and not some unfamiliar stretch of wet tarmac.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Toyota wants nothing to do with Ogier.

Lappi and Latvala are confirmed for 2018. They're looking at Tanak and Suninen if Hanninen isn't let go. If Hanninen does well he might even stay on the team...0

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Well Tommi himself said 1 month later that it was right for Ogier to turn them down cause the car wasn't good then.... which really begs the question why they let him test on wet tarmac which was new for the car in the first place.
    IIRC they said it was largely down to scheduling issues - that was more or less the only time Ogier could/would travel to test it, and they already had that test planned well in advance.