Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 257
  1. #1
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,383
    Like
    308
    Liked 247 Times in 152 Posts

    TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRT

    Since the planning is over and the team is doing well, they deserve a new team thread.

    Personally I must say that the team and car is a very positive surprize in the 2017 seaon so far.
    Very few thought that they would be able to produce a competitive car year 1.
    Latvala's testing just before homologation gave them a lot of useful input that probably gave them a better starting point.

    But few had thought thay would take a second place im MC, and a win in Sweden.

    In Finland the car looked like the easiest to drive, and was very stable over the jumps, and had very good traction.
    When a driver with little WRCar experience like Lappi, can win with it, they must have done much right in the Mäkinen barn :-)
    www.Rallye-info.com

  2. Likes: andyone (6th August 2017),steve.mandzij (31st July 2017)
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    458
    Like
    1,892
    Liked 215 Times in 117 Posts
    It proved many people wrong, including me and N.O.T

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  4. Likes: andyone (6th August 2017),mknight (31st July 2017),pantealex (31st July 2017),Rallyper (1st August 2017),satukata (31st July 2017)
  5. #3
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,204
    Like
    804
    Liked 983 Times in 472 Posts
    Mäkinen said in interviews during Rally Finland that the car is still not completely ready and at the start of the season it was so unfinished they didn't want to put Lappi too early in it.

  6. Likes: steve.mandzij (31st July 2017)
  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    840
    Like
    96
    Liked 518 Times in 281 Posts
    Well they did a good job so far yes, I also didn't expect them to be this good.

    However I do not think they have overall the best car atm (Tommi claimed that after finish in Finland).

    Yes they had the best car in Finland, with unlimited testing right in front of their door. Sweden is very much the same case with very similar roads and conditions.

    On other rallies they were at best similar to Ford/Hyundai, sometimes worse. Let's see what the coming rallies will show.

  8. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2017)
  9. #5
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,271
    Like
    1,200
    Liked 1,848 Times in 885 Posts
    Ok, the work was good but... the 2 wins were in specific rallies. I want see more.

  10. Likes: dimviii (31st July 2017),pantealex (31st July 2017)
  11. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    311
    Like
    82
    Liked 153 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well they did a good job so far yes, I also didn't expect them to be this good.

    However I do not think they have overall the best car atm (Tommi claimed that after finish in Finland).

    Yes they had the best car in Finland, with unlimited testing right in front of their door. Sweden is very much the same case with very similar roads and conditions.

    On other rallies they were at best similar to Ford/Hyundai, sometimes worse. Let's see what the coming rallies will show.
    I also agree, in Finland we never really got to see Fords real performance due to both Tänaks and Ogiers mistakes early (except Tänaks PS time) I think it would have been a big fight between them to the end otherwise.
    Regardless the Toyotas were clearly really good in this rally

  12. Likes: cali (31st July 2017),dimviii (31st July 2017),pantealex (31st July 2017)
  13. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    240
    Like
    431
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Ok, the work was good but... the 2 wins were in specific rallies. I want see more.
    Sorry for OT, but which rally isn't specific in WRC or ERC? I always thought that Rally Finland is classic rally - exactly as rally should be.

  14. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2017),Rallyper (1st August 2017),sindroms (31st July 2017)
  15. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    17,403
    Like
    5,015
    Liked 7,348 Times in 3,429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Sorry for OT, but which rally isn't specific in WRC or ERC? I always thought that Rally Finland is classic rally - exactly as rally should be.
    you will understand at next rally why Finland is specific.

  16. Likes: Andre Oliveira (31st July 2017)
  17. #9
    Senior Member Kaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    758
    Like
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    What does GAZOO stand for?
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

    2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

  18. #10
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,204
    Like
    804
    Liked 983 Times in 472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    I also agree, in Finland we never really got to see Fords real performance due to both Tänaks and Ogiers mistakes early (except Tänaks PS time) I think it would have been a big fight between them to the end otherwise.
    Well, Evans finished second and Suninen made some fastest stage times, and those were the guys who didn't even get to test properly.

  19. Likes: AMSS (31st July 2017),andyone (6th August 2017),dimviii (31st July 2017),electroliquid (31st July 2017),pantealex (31st July 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •