Page 44 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    alllive extended version which is not available any more.
    It is available.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    It is available.
    From Portugal? How?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    From Portugal? How?
    A Portugal You mean, sorry, Sardegna only I think still available.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://rallysportmag.com/toyotas-ka...-rally-finland

Kaj Lindström talks about the "unlimited" testing they can do around Puuppola, but it's not that simple.

Kaj explained that the zone might be a little bit bigger than for some other teams, but it wasn’t straightforward!

“We have an FIA approved ‘permanent test site’ but the area covered is a zone of public roads with people living beside the roads. That makes it quite difficult for us. We can use a road maximum twice a year.

“We don’t have a private road where we could go whenever we like, and if we constantly went to the same places we would destroy the roads. When we want to test we have to apply for local authority permission to use the road and each permit takes some time.

“We can’t use the roads all through the year. In the winter and spring there are very few roads that can be used, but some roads in the zone are exactly like the roads used on the Neste Rally. Two roads are part of the route used in 2016.

“Around Jyvaskyla there is a defined area, some roads in the north from Jyvaskyla and also to the south. The zone is an area, not specific roads. I don’t know exactly how big is the area.

“I wish we could drive five days a week and be testing every week, but that’s not the case. Let’s see if the regulations will change. I think there will be some change, maybe with the number of days that we can test outside of our area.”

6. Likes: dimviii (17th August 2018),pantealex (17th August 2018)
    He complains they cant use same section more than twice per year. Surely there are multiple usefull sections within 80?km of Jyväskylä? Anyway last year and first half of this, there was a new vid of them testing on these roads 2 times per month or so, and that's only what gets put on YT.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    He complains they cant use same section more than twice per year. Surely there are multiple usefull sections within 80?km of Jyväskylä? Anyway last year and first half of this, there was a new vid of them testing on these roads 2 times per month or so, and that's only what gets put on YT.
    I think he means that the road would become in too bad condition or it would be difficult to get permissions for more than two days. But I also remember seeing a certain road near Jämsä being used more than two times this year...but maybe the two time limit is for most roads, and there may be exceptions.

And the range of permitted roads is 50 km. I have seen the list and there are dozens of usable test roads. But like he says, arranging a test day on those roads is like arranging a rally. You need to close a road that is used for public traffic and get permissions and whatnot. You can't just decide in the afternoon "hey let's go test this new aero thing" like teams with their own private track could do.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 17th August 2018 at 07:20.

9. Likes: cali (17th August 2018),pantealex (17th August 2018)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: pantealex (17th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think he means that the road would become in too bad condition or it would be difficult to get permissions for more than two days. But I also remember seeing a certain road near Jämsä being used more than two times this year...but maybe the two time limit is for most roads, and there may be exceptions.

And the range of permitted roads is 50 km. I have seen the list and there are dozens of usable test roads. But like he says, arranging a test day on those roads is like arranging a rally. You need to close a road that is used for public traffic and get permissions and whatnot. You can't just decide in the afternoon "hey let's go test this new aero thing" like teams with their own private track could do.
    It takes half a day with a tractor to fix a short gravel road section. Anyway as you point out what he says is that they cant do completely unlimited testing like on own track (MSPORT), but have factors that limit them. Then again its testing on real stages while MSPORT has artificial track.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Worried about a single team dominating again, I am.