Page 21 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    when ? you mean when Lancia left the WRC ? why was controversial ?
    It's obvious you have some "challenges" understanding the statistics and history of the sport, but Lancia was the best car in 1992 - by far. Yes, Sainz took the title, but if you look at TTE's season, Sainz was the only one doing well in that car. Kankkunen, Auriol and Aghini combined won 8 out of 14 rallies that season. So yes, Kankkunen's move to back to TTE at the end of the season was and can still be viewed as controversial.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (19th October 2017),itix (21st October 2017),pantealex (19th October 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    According to this interview, Ogier also wanted to go to Toyota..
    https://www.mtv.fi/sport/ralli/uutin...330#gs.Bu33Y88
    What the hell is going on among team principals? Are they mad or what? Are they here to win the championship or to have a party together where everybody is friend and we are all kind?

I don't like Ogier either, he is indeed arrogant and a bad winner but I would do everythiing to get in my team because he wins. Citroen doesn't want to spend two pennies to become dominant again, Nandan prefer to give faith to a man who gave himself 70% and 80% to win the championship and then crashed twice in a row and he could finish third, Toyota don't hire him because he is not a lovely guy.
    I really don't understand, I would have prepared a red carpet already.

4. Likes: spark13 (24th October 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It's obvious you have some "challenges" understanding the statistics and history of the sport, but Lancia was the best car in 1992 - by far. Yes, Sainz took the title, but if you look at TTE's season, Sainz was the only one doing well in that car. Kankkunen, Auriol and Aghini combined won 8 out of 14 rallies that season. So yes, Kankkunen's move to back to TTE at the end of the season was and can still be viewed as controversial.
    what was his options ? stay at home or go to toyota ?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    what was his options ? stay at home or go to toyota ?
    Yes, as a three-time world champ (at that time) those exactly were his options.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    What the hell is going on among team principals? Are they mad or what? Are they here to win the championship or to have a party together where everybody is friend and we are all kind?

I don't like Ogier either, he is indeed arrogant and a bad winner but I would do everythiing to get in my team because he wins. Citroen doesn't want to spend two pennies to become dominant again, Nandan prefer to give faith to a man who gave himself 70% and 80% to win the championship and then crashed twice in a row and he could finish third, Toyota don't hire him because he is not a lovely guy.
    I really don't understand, I would have prepared a red carpet already.
    Ogier going to Toyota would be a mess. Tommi knows that he has the two drivers who are capable of beating Ogier in the championship, and if he were to sign him one of them at least would completely collapse. It would be unfair to his team and it would disrupt their perceived harmony.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Likes: Rallyper (19th October 2017)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: bluuford (20th October 2017),HenryEST (20th October 2017),pantealex (19th October 2017),salamaja (19th October 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.ksml.fi/urheilu/mm-ralli/...5a2e04e294cb3f

Hänninen said he found out between Deutschland and Catalunya that he's going to be out of the team for 2018. Until that he had hoped for continuation.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Ogier going to Toyota would be a mess. Tommi knows that he has the two drivers who are capable of beating Ogier in the championship, and if he were to sign him one of them at least would completely collapse. It would be unfair to his team and it would disrupt their perceived harmony.
    I wonder how Latvala has shown he is capable of beating Ogier tbh. He didn't manage it in 4 years in same car.. and didn't manage it this year either. Though yes he was more consistent and often retired due to car. Then again with Polo he was also most often out due to car issues while the other 2 drivers weren't, so might have something to do with how he handles the cars.

13. Likes: pantealex (20th October 2017),spark13 (24th October 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I wonder how Latvala has shown he is capable of beating Ogier tbh. He didn't manage it in 4 years in same car.. and didn't manage it this year either. Though yes he was more consistent and often retired due to car. Then again with Polo he was also most often out due to car issues while the other 2 drivers weren't, so might have something to do with how he handles the cars.
    He matured immensely this year. During Catalunya I calculated Latvala's points total he'd have by now since Poland if he'd finished every rally , factoring in modest and realistic results (3, 1, 6, 6 and 2 PS points), and he'd be just 6 points behind Ogier. Of course, since his car let him down, we don't know if he'd finished the rallies, but he probably would've considering his previous results. It's a shame the Yaris let him down. All his life he's been making silly mistakes that cost him championships and the one year he's flawless the car can't handle it. Next year I'm certain he'll be the number one title challenger as long as he drives like he did this year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

15. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2017),pantealex (20th October 2017),sonnybobiche (20th October 2017)
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Nope, that would be a second.
    Kankkunen won in a Peugeot, Lancia and Toyota.

If he wins this year, he'll join Kankkunen and Röhrl on the list of drivers that have won the title with more than one manufacturer.
    Sidenote: I find it interesting how Röhrl won with Fiat and Opel, but not Audi.
    He was close to win in 83 with Lancia too, but was too tired of all that so raced only on 6 rounds.

17. Likes: pantealex (20th October 2017)