Page 39 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    I wonder if Jari still thinks he is 1st driver in team?
    We will see at the end of the year. Remember Ogier had very few wins but was champ last year. If JML is leading points with zero 1st place finishes he is still the leader in my opinion.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I think it payed off. He was actually the best of the Toyota drivers until this round, and if he played safe until the end probably he wouldn't be, and my be that was his problem.

Latvala's first part of the season has never been strong, the 2nd part has always been, I don't know the reason, but perhaps he should have more patience and wait for "his" moments. Just my opinion.
    Let's be honest though, as hard as it is for me to admit he wasn't the highest placed on pace alone. Outrun by Tanak in Sweden and Mexico, even though the Estonian made mistakes, and ahead of Lappi because of punctures or his own mistakes as well. Maybe the most mature of the three but it's a toss up at the moment.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Latvala's first part of the season has never been strong, the 2nd part has always been
    2017?

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (9th April 2018),pantealex (9th April 2018),steve.mandzij (9th April 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    2017?
    Yeah, recently this has changed, so much for the optimism.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Let's be honest though, as hard as it is for me to admit he wasn't the highest placed on pace alone. Outrun by Tanak in Sweden and Mexico, even though the Estonian made mistakes, and ahead of Lappi because of punctures or his own mistakes as well. Maybe the most mature of the three but it's a toss up at the moment.
    Just out of curiosity, what mistakes has Tänak made this season?
    Can only remember the confusion with Meeke in Sweden that probably lost him 1 place overall but other than that he has been driving clean.
    Last edited by krissucool; 9th April 2018 at 12:23.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what mistakes has Tänak made this season?
    Trying to pass Meeke in Sweden.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th April 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Trying to pass Meeke in Sweden.
    Yes, forgot that for a second. Just found it weird to be describing Latvala as most mature of the three this season when Tanak has made one mistake that cost him 1 place in a rally all year and Latvala made 1 big mistake that cost him the entire rally in Corsica.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    so, about the team and the car and what Ott and Martin have said to estonian media.

i have to say that Mexico was a little bit embarassing in the sense that they havent sorted out the overheating issues in a year time. Järveoja said that the engineers were quite sure they have solved those problems with updates but also admitted it is hard for the team to solve them if you dont have same testing conditions in europe.
    After the rally Ott said in his blog that the engineers will completely redesign the cooling system but for next year as they dont have problems with it on other events this season.

Interestingly now after Corsica Tänak sayin that at the moment the car is stronger on tarmac than on gravel. Says that things are still quite "raw" and theres still a lot of work to do. They have a development test this week in Sardegna where they hope make big gains.

i find it interesting because IMO it has been the opposite, the car has looked stronger on gravel than on tarmac, at least last year.

Judging by the speed on Catalunya-like stages in Corsica, the car should be very very strong at Rally Spain.

Overall they have definitely improved a lot and the car is fast everywhere IMO with Ott winning stages on every rally so far.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: Hartusvuori (10th April 2018),pantealex (11th April 2018),Revman (10th April 2018)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Interesting that the Latvala's alternator and the overheating issues are mentioned but Tanak's engine(turbo) failure is not. Quite a lot of issues for 1 rally.