Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    Loved Alonso stealing the show at the end
    Yeah , was that a chalk drawing of him on the pavement ?
    I like these little surprises from the new owners , and well done to Zo for lounging on the deck chair for the cameras .

Great gesture , and it made me think that they wanted to really make him feel at home , so they , and we , don't lose him to Indycar .

By the way , happy birthday , Fernando .

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    He also had one of the few legit passes of the race (on Sainz).
    May the forza be with you

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Overall, not a brilliant race. Tyres still an impedment to racing but the effect of the wider car on a track like Hungaroring with lots of twists and turns means close racing was difficult and at the expense of downforce.

It was daft for Mercedes and Hamilton to swop places with a much slower Bottas today and they may pay dearly for it, come Abu dhabi. As we guessed at the beginning of the season, this aspect is a clear advantage for Vettel who has the benefit of a clear number one status at Ferrari as demonstrated today. Kimi was faster but Ferrari would not entertain the idea of letting him pass Vettel to win the race. Mercedes may try to argue some sort of moral high ground, but that sort of argument only applies if they clearly have a sizeable advantage over Ferrari. As it goes, and with all the Mercedes mistakes in this first half of the season that has cost Hamilton wins and loads of points, the team are set to lose the drivers championship for Hamilton. This season is a very different ball game and they just don't seem to get it. There are still loads of points on the table but would bet against Vettel with the level of support he is getting from Ferrari. Especially with Mercedes only interested in securing constructors championship and not really caring about the driver championship.

Fiesty drive by Verstapenn but a touch dangerous and reckless. I think most drivers are now finding him dangerous and unpredictable. Not because of his defensive talent which is widely admired, but because he does not appear to know the limit when a move could be potentially dangerous. Ricciado is definitely not very impressed as his race was prematurely ended by what was an unnecessary accident. Beside this altercation, he drove a great race, gave Hamilton a good fight and recovered a 10 second deficit to within a second of Bottas at the end of the race. Definitely gave Mercedes a bit of worry.

Alonso gave a glimpse of what could be if Honda got on top of their engine woes. That Maclaren chassis is brilliant by all accounts. Great to see Di Resta in a Hybrid F1 car, for such a very late call to duty, he put up a great effort. That said, the Williams cars were nowhere this weekend. The Williams chassis seem to be one of the worst in the paddock. Even the great Mercedes engine cannot seem to compensate for the inadequacy of that chassis.

Those Pirelli tyres are crap, certainly not as good as the Bridgestone tyres of old by a mile.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st July 2017 at 17:11.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    honorable by Hamilton
    no multi 21 situation
    wonder what the haters are gonna say now

As for Ferrari, it worked out at the end
    great job for Mclaren
    I think thy will stick with honda

gutted from my 2nd fav driver Hulkenberg. that magnussen move destroyed his race.
    That was a shite move by Magnussen. he has done this alot of times this year but seem to get a slap on the wrist for it. I am sure Kyvat would have got points on his license if it was him doing that.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: truefan72 (1st August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Very nice work by Hamilton and Bottas .
    These men are both team players .

Tough for Kimi , but he also proved a great team man .
    Ferrari would be fools to consider anyone else in that seat .

Rough on the honey badger , as Max bowled through , but not too sure Max deserved the penalty when it was all in the first lap tension , with Riccardo passing outside .
    It looked more like a racing incident with Max facing a tighter line than he expected .
    Unfortunately, it was up to him to get through the first lap safely but most importantly without taking out his teammate. That move cost Redbull lots of points today and potentially a podium.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That was a shite move by Magnussen. he has done this alot of times this year but seem to get a slap on the wrist for it. I am sure Kyvat would have got points on his license if it was him doing that.
    Yet K-Mag when confronted by Nico has a very basic response:
    https://youtu.be/2kyml35XchQ :
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Unfortunately, it was up to him to get through the first lap safely but most importantly without taking out his teammate. That move cost Redbull lots of points today and potentially a podium.
    And , he has duly said he is sorry , and that it was his fault .

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Those Pirelli tyres are crap, certainly not as good as the Bridgestone tyres of old by a mile.
    How so?

Pirelli are making tyres to a design specification. Tyres which last the whole race existed more than 30 years ago; so potentially Pirelli could make tyres to do that if they were asked to.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

10. Likes: truefan72 (1st August 2017)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Interesting race, even if the track isn't one to allow much passing.

I think the penalty on the Honey Badger was harsh. We see hits harder than that on a regular basis, and most go without penalty. The fact that it screwed Ricciardo was penalty enough for the team, and I'd almost bet that if the impact didn't produce fluids then officials would have looked the other way. I don't think we've seen the coolers get punctured since Seb and Jenson, but in this case it didn't take much impact really.

When the Ferrari's were under pressure, I was shocked that they didn't switch the order. Then again, pitting Kimi when they did made it obvious that they had already determined race finish order. It turned out well for them, but that sure was one roll of the dice. I really thought Lewis might have a shot once they let him by Bottas, but when it didn't work he held to his word and let Bottas have the position back. Good move by both the team and drivers.

I don't think any of us saw both McHonda's in the points, and Fred taking fast lap shows that the car handles if they can keep the engine together. It will be interesting to see how the Honda relationship pans out.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I was very impressed with Hamilton's sporting gesture in giving the place back to Bottas. He deserves a lot of credit for that, and hopefully he won't end up regretting it at the end of the year.

13. Likes: truefan72 (1st August 2017)