Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

FIA: 2019 Rally Ladder Revamp

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    It's not bad. Something cheaper than the R2s will be helpful. I think cost should be capped at 15000€ for the R2 National cars. And then it is of utmost urgency to pump R3s and R4s (or a new category) that could act as an in between the R2 and R5.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    For me the headline is misleading. They want to set up a talent promoting system through all the levels. I don't mind it but using lesser cars than R2?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    The title is sensationalist, it's hardly a revamp, they're just talking about something similar to R2 but cheaper and connecting national championships with regional and then world levels. It's vague, they're just thinking about how to do it but I think the principle is good, we'll see what actually happens.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Precious little detail in there. Is there some sort of money tree that we don't know about?

If there could be some underlying challenge running across multiple championships that seems decent. But 'R2 light' is setting the bar too low in my opinion. The existing class structure in rallying seems fine to me? There also seems to be a fairly well defined route upwards - but just like in single seaters, you need some money or backing to progress.

The really good drivers aren't falling flat on their faces competition-wise when stepping up. Look at Suninen for example through R2 / S2000-R5 / WRC.

Dmack don't get enough praise for what they do in the sport. One positive step would be to try and mandate that R5 manufacturers have some kind of junior programme/opportunity. But quite a few seem to be doing that anyway.

National/dealer teams (Skoda UK, M-Sport FFSA, Peugeot Belgium etc) are the holy grail for me, especially if they can run an R2 and an R5.
    Last edited by Simmi; 19th July 2017 at 20:00.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: electroliquid (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I personally see no reason to introduce anything new except maybe more support for national ASNs to send young drivers in JERC or/and JWRC (many already do that or recently started). That's a really good starter for me.

Also - do You think that there is not enough young drivers in WRC and that they don't have enough chances? I don't.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Talent will normally get you there without the need for an official 'ladder'.

And I dont like the idea of an 'end of year shoot-out' either.
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: janvanvurpa (20th July 2017)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Talent will normally get you there without the need for an official 'ladder'.
    Seems much easier for drivers from Europe than for drivers from anywhere else in the world to get the opportunities, so it wouldn't hurt to try and improve that if possible.

Suggesting R2 cars for national championships is is just plain stupid though.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (26th July 2017)
    Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
    its Look like Good Plan for the Europeans Drivers...what about the rest ???

Liked 312 Times in 136 Posts
    Why invent the wheel again when the R1 class already exist. They are not so cheap either but it’s never cheap to drive rallies.

Price of the Ford Fiesta R1 kit is 7 500 £ (about 8 500 €). In addition to the kit a donor car is needed and assembling of the kit, roll-cage etc.
    http://www.m-sport.co.uk/images/R1_S...update2014.pdf

Price of the Citroen DS3 R1 kit is 10 500 €.
    http://boutique.citroenracing.com/cm...16733d7068.pdf
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

14. Likes: Rallyper (22nd July 2017)