Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    http://readmotorsport.com/2017/07/23...oll-criticism/
    Villeneuve, who drove for Williams for three seasons from 1996-1998, was vocal in his comments about the teenagers performances this season, labelling him as the worst rookie in Formula 1 history.
    - Read Motorsport, 23rd Jul 2017

Just for reference sake:
    Number of grands prix it took for Lance Stroll to get on the podium: 8
    Number of grands prix it took for Giles Villeneuve to get on the podium: 15

Well done Jacques.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

2. Likes: Tazio (27th July 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    No doubt Jacques would point out that in his rookie season, he finished on the podium in every race where he didn't crash or have technical trouble.
    Of course he was 24 and reigning CART champion, not 18 and straight out of F3, and he was in the fortunate situation of stepping into a car that was by far the best on the grid. I wonder if that has coloured his judgment.

4. Likes: Rollo (27th July 2017)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    No doubt Jacques would point out that in his rookie season, he finished on the podium in every race where he didn't crash or have technical trouble.
    Of course he was 24 and reigning CART champion, not 18 and straight out of F3, and he was in the fortunate situation of stepping into a car that was by far the best on the grid. I wonder if that has coloured his judgment.
    +1 This

In 1996 I was 18 and I would have also have finished on the podium in every race where I didn't crash or have technical trouble. I probably would have won the 1997 championship in the FW19 once Hill had left as well.
    Jacques was smacked in the bum by a rainbow and the fact that he never won another GP from Luxembourg '97 onwards should be proof of that fact.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Hey , quit ragging on JV .
    He was absolutely right in giving Stroll a hard time for his first part of the season .
    It was pretty dismal looking with him sawing away at the wheel , never getting even close to Felipe .

All and sundry , not just Jacques , were on his case , saying he was out of his depth and only there because of his money .