Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Drivers that should be replaced after half 2017

Kvyat - Toro Rosso out - ? In
    Palmer - Renault out - Kubica in

More suggestions?

2. Likes: N. Jones (16th July 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Raikkonen - he is way too far behind Vettel. Been asleep longer than sleeping beauty. Good performances here and there but he is too slow overall.

Disagree entirely on Palmer. He has had terrible luck. I think his pace has improved relative to Hulkenberg's recently as well.

As for kvyatt, he is running out of time but it appears as though Torro Rossi will keep him for 2018.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 16th July 2017 at 20:21.

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I can't agree more with Sulland.

Kvyat us being out performed by Sainz, again.
    Palmer has been out of the points just as consistently as Hulkenberg has been in. Put Fernando here instead and watch them challenge for a podium next season.
    Raikkonen can be replaced by whomever. I love the guy but he is sadly past it.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Raikkonen - he is way too far behind Vettel. Been asleep longer than sleeping beauty. Good performances here and there but he is too slow overall.

Disagree entirely on Palmer. He has had terrible luck. I think his pace has improved relative to Hulkenberg's recently as well.
    Raikkonen will go, but not until end of season I think.

Renault has improved, so also both drivers. But Palmer, has he shown enough? I still think Kubica deserves another go.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I like kyvatt, i think he makes some errors, but i love his pace and feistyness.
    there are 2 drivers who should be replaced
    1. Palmer
    2. Ericsson

Ericsson won't because of the money he brings in and with the new owners, they will allow him to continue his mediocre form
    As for Palmer, he has been on borrowed time for a long time now. I was even surprised he made it to the grid in 2017

If rumors are to be believed, Palmer will be replaced by Sainz in Hungary and going forward
    Gasley is set to take up that 2nd STR seat.
    I wish they would instead keep Sainz and Kyvatt for the rest of the season and roll the dice with Kubica.
    If that doesn't work out then move Sainz later in the the year
    you can't argue with results.

7. Likes: Duncan (17th July 2017)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I was also a little surprised to still see Palmer with a drive this year. I do feel bad for him, though; although he clearly hasn't performed in the car, he's had all kinds of reliability issues that have constantly put him on the back foot and denied him getting the miles in.

All that said, I don't think Renault can put up with the obvious pace deficit to Hulkenberg much longer.

9. Likes: truefan72 (17th July 2017)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Raikkonen will go, but not until end of season I think.
    One of the conditions for Vettel's renegotiation of contract with Ferrari appears to be Kimi staying at Ferrari.

The reason I suspect is that they get on quite well and Seb would rather have a No.2 who isn't going to infuriate him.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    One of the conditions for Vettel's renegotiation of contract with Ferrari appears to be Kimi staying at Ferrari.

The reason I suspect is that they get on quite well and Seb would rather have a No.2 who isn't going to infuriate him.
    Or beat him.
    Kimi is the Iceman, and is supposed to be cool and uninterested to media.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    The rumour is that Kimi already been offered a contract for next year but for a rather small fee. Seb on the other hand has been offered a contract for three years, with a salary of estimated 120 million Euro !!!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't think that's enough to justify firing a driver in the middle of season. We know Kimi is behind Vettel, but that's probably why the management wants him employed anyways. Firing a driver in the middle of season should be based only on some kind of an extremely bad performance (think of something like Michael Andretti in 1993). Moreover, Ferrari is a business that certainly values brand awareness. Kimi is the last Ferrari world champion and someone who has been loyal to the team.

14. Likes: pantealex (18th July 2017)