Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    One of the conditions for Vettel's renegotiation of contract with Ferrari appears to be Kimi staying at Ferrari.

The reason I suspect is that they get on quite well and Seb would rather have a No.2 who isn't going to infuriate him.
    I haven't run into this piece of news, but notice how carefully Seb and Kimi dance around each other on the race track. For example, the race start at Silverstone. They probably get along well.

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Raikkonen - he is way too far behind Vettel. Been asleep longer than sleeping beauty. Good performances here and there but he is too slow overall.
    Apparently Ferrari listened to recordings from the cockpit and discovered the reason for Kimi's sleeping problem is that he has been talking to himself while driving.

3. Likes: Jag_Warrior (21st July 2017),Starter (18th July 2017)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Palmer obvious no1 candidate, no pace, no results...

Agree with Kvyat also, brings nothing but havoc.

Without daddy money, Stroll would also be a strong contender

As for Räikkönen, who would replace him that could get better results? A bit harsh talk here towards a Monaco pole setter who was also strong in Silverstone before tyre blowing.

5. Likes: Mia 01 (19th July 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post

I still think Kubica deserves another go.
    It is sad but I don't think RK will ever be able to cut it one-handed. F1 above all requires speed of response to sudden situations, something that RK's injury has seriously degraded.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    As for Räikkönen, who would replace him that could get better results? A bit harsh talk here towards a Monaco pole setter who was also strong in Silverstone before tyre blowing.
    Probably only the Red Bull/Mercedes boys and Alonso, but they won't be joining.

I'd make a serious offer for Sainz. He needs a better car than the Toro Rosso and Red Bull is already set for the next season and maybe 2019 too. Put Sainz in the Ferrari and he will develop into a Grand Prix winner.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    As for Räikkönen, who would replace him that could get better results?
    Kamui Kobayashi.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

9. Likes: pantealex (22nd July 2017)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Hey Baggie, what do you think about your headline grabbing prognosticator, always with the controversy. He seems to this casual observer that he is a rabble-rouser, not an objective reporter:

Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams has silenced former world champion Jacques Villeneuve’s criticism of rookie Lance Stroll, believing he is performing as was expected from the team.
    Villeneuve, who drove for Williams for three seasons from 1996-1998, was vocal in his comments about the teenagers performances this season, labelling him as the worst rookie in Formula 1 history.
    Just out of curiosity, what the hell is his motivation.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Hey Baggie, what do you think about your headline grabbing prognosticator, always with the controversy. He seems to this casual observer that he is a rabble-rouser, not an objective reporter:

Just out of curiosity, what the hell is his motivation.
    It makes for a good story when the hometown hero doesn't endorse the new guy right away .
    He was telling it as he saw it when he said he was the worst because he obviously expected more , given the preparation he had .

My two cents have it as a bit harsh from JV , as the kid's only 18 , but he had to post those results he did or Jacques wouldn't have looked so mean towards him at all .

Now that he has , JV still stands by his former opinion , but commended the lad for his efforts to get points and podium .
    But , that doesn't get into the headline , because it's not controversial enough .

I think it's great that there's a rivalry there , with Jacques supposedly barred from the Williams garage .
    I expect they'll get together at some point and reconcile , maybe with a poutine eating contest to settle the score .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Sounds like a waste of time by the blabbermouth, but I guess in some circles when Jacques talks people listen, and I didn't read his entire commentary. Why not give me a link to his original comments. Not sure I can muddle all the way through, because I find him extremely arrogant,caustic, as well as reactive (worst F1 rookie of all time?), and it annoys the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Tazio; 24th July 2017 at 06:12.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Sounds like a waste of time by the blabbermouth, but I guess in some circles when Jacques talks people listen, and I didn't read his entire commentary. Why not give me a link to his original comments. Not sure I can muddle all the way through, because I find him extremely arrogant,caustic, as well as reactive (worst F1 rookie of all time?), and it annoys the hell out of me.
    I regard JV in the same light. He's probably one of the poorer WDC's we've ever had. And, lets face it, he only won the championship in the final race of the year in a season which his car was up to 0.5 tenths of a second ahead of the rest of the field. I don't really understand where his arrogance comes from, he wasn't great by any means, and in the latter part of his career he was extremely awful..