Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , ok , your crystal balls were hangin' higher than mine this time .
    I guess I just wanted to see those two get side by side again , maybe with a little rain added in just for a wee bit more excitement .
    I think that is what most of us wanted to see!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I think that is what most of us wanted to see!
    I'll see it when I believe it , Taz .

By the way , the bass fest winner this year was 19" long , with a girth of 13" in a murky river filled with weeks of on-off rain .
    Most guys caught more pike and muskie than bass .

I'll see it when I believe it , Taz .

By the way , the bass fest winner this year was 19" long , with a girth of 13" in a murky river filled with weeks of on-off rain .
    Most guys caught more pike and muskie than bass .
    How's the Walleye bite? Now that is some eating fish, although nothing wrong with some bass fillet tempura! Hell it's hard to mess up fresh game fish caught from clean cool water

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    How's the Walleye bite? Now that is some eating fish, although nothing wrong with some bass fillet tempura! Hell it's hard to mess up fresh game fish caught from clean cool water
    They are in there , but most of the fishy people are going for the rainbows , the bass , or they are hunting muskies .
    I'm not on the fishing hotline to know , but I don't hear that much about walleyes , to be honest .

And , just so we stay on topic , just a little bit , that was a crappy race we had in Austria , wasn't it ?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

And , just so we stay on topic , just a little bit , that was a crappy race we had in Austria , wasn't it ?
    Not great but with the quickest start in F1 history, it is hard to call it crappy. Redbull have two unhappy drivers on their hands; if we don't count Kyvat. Kimi not happy with his Ferrari and also having the boss pooing on him for it. Hamilton being let down by Mercedes again sort of deprived us of a Vettel-Hamilton show down after the Baku incident.

Bottas was just magnificent this sunday. Ricciado well deserved podium. I still think the FIA are shite.

Mercedes just keep making alot of mistake on the Hamilton car, they would lose him the driver's championship at this rate, l think.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th July 2017 at 23:39.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: truefan72 (13th July 2017)
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Nitro, I think Baggie was having a little play on words there when he said it was a Crappy race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Nitro, I think Baggie was having a little play on words there when he said it was a Crappy race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie
    Well I was being a little playful , but I didn't see it as great .
    That's for sure .

I wasn't impressed with explanations about the start .

Max went out early .

Lewis was never close to Seb .

It didn't rain .

So , no , it wasn't hard to call it crappy or crappie , for me , at least .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Max went out early .
    I think Redbull is on the verge of losing both Max and Sainz. With the most open and interesting period of the drivers market about to launch in 2018 and 2019, there is going to be the most dramatic shuffle of pilots to come. I can see Mercedes and Ferrari probably having an eye on one if not both of the Redbull young guns. With the current state of the car, Redbull is fast becoming an unattractive proposition for winning the drivers World title. I can see why, there might be appeal elsewhere for the young drivers like Max and Sainz. It cut both ways, if redbull are vicious in dropping under performing drivers, they should not be surprised if their drivers head elsewhere if they [Redbull] are under performing.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I quite liked the Austrian race. It was great to see such a lightning getaway from Bottas, see him takes point of the little runt that is Sebastien Vettel and Lewis minimise the points loss to him to only 6 points.

Bottas did not jump the start. Lewis Hamilton also had a 0.2 seconds reaction time in Abu Dhabi 2014, which essentially won him that years title. Drivers manage this feat every now and then.

Interesting to see how Vettel is convinced that Bottas jumped the start despite telemetry clearly showing it otherwise. It just shows how obtuse of a person he is, that even in the face of defying facts, he still stick to his story. That verifies to me that he learned nothing from the incidents in Baku and verified the FIA made a bad choice. This is all a result of him being shown extra leniency that other drivers would have never received throughout the years. On the bright side, it also means that he'll probably mess up again like he did before and the next time I don't think the FIA or the stewards will go so lenient on him.

On the other side, it's great to see the races so close still and Bottas did a great job. Hamilton had great pace throughout the race.

That aside, another test for Kubica and another step closer to a comeback we would all love to see. Ideally, I'd want him to partner Lewis in Mercedes in 2019. That would be mega awesome. I still think Lewis has another step to make as a driver before he can be regarded as one of the sports true greats and if a driver like Kubica can't make him take that step, nothing will.

British GP this weekend - can't wait.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 14th July 2017 at 09:27.

Ocon getting a lot of flack from mean spirited Checo fans:
    SILVERSTONE (UNITED KINGDOM) (AFP) - Force India driver Esteban Ocon has blocked fans of his team-mate Sergio Perez from his Twitter account because of hostile abuse.

The two men have clashed on track in recent races, notably at the Canadian and Azerbaijan Grands Prix, but they have settled their differences amicably.
    Their fans have found that more difficult, however, and Mexican Perez?s supporters have insulted Ocon and his family with such intensity that that he felt had no other option.
    "I blocked them because they insulted my parents, and that is not healthy," Ocon told reporters at the British Grand Prix on Friday.
    "It's just a sport. We fight hard, but we're not murderers. So people need to calm down."
    The Frenchman added that he had no concerns about travelling to Mexico later this year for the Mexican Grand Prix.
    "I never said anything bad about Mexico. I like the country, I had a great time there in the past and I have a good relationship with Sergio."
    Ocon has made some mistakes of aggression, but as a rookie he is a great talent. Good luck to them both!
    Last edited by Tazio; 15th July 2017 at 06:58.