Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Renault and STR were poor this time. I thought for sure Williams would be buink but they both drove a great race to finish in the points.

Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    According to the NBC Sports commentary crew early on in the race, the teams were caught out by overnight rain that de-rubbered the track and made it much higher abrasion than it had been for the rest of the weekend. It certainly did look like everybody was really struggling with wear in a really big way that we didn't see in practice.

2. Likes: N. Jones (10th July 2017)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    On another note, who's the first to bitch about it? Who doesn't believe it wasn't a jump start, even after the race? My favorite spoilt brat.
    we'll wait for another one of his hollow apologies by next friday. lol
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I've seen a few replays and in all it seemed he didn't jump start. And they said Bottas reaction time was 0.201s.
    Fine.

If the lights are out, then you should be able to go.

In drag racing, the timing lights are set to 0.5 of a second down the tree; it is a question of fact. Either the lights were on and he jump started or not.

Game over FIA.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    That doesn't look real to me. I've seen a few replays and in all it seemed he didn't jump start. And they said Bottas reaction time was 0.201s. I didn't know though that jump starting can happen even when the driver starts after the lights go off if it happens a little too soon. It sounds like a ridiculous rule to me. They are trying to punish a driver for what they think happened in his head. If he is a little too fast than it means he was anticipating the moment the lights would go off. That's propesterous. If somehow there comes a driver that has unbelievable reaction times he will get punished for being out of the average specs. Keep it simple, Stupids. .

Apparently, no.

Quoting the driver steward Mika Salo, courtesy of google translate:

http://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000005285099.html

It is a camera from Valtteri's car that shows that the wheels moved shortly before the lights went out, Salo said.
    So the camera says one thing, the sensors another. For the sensors it was within tolerances.

Still have a sour taste in my mouth, the footage shows what it shows.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Last edited by Big Ben; 10th July 2017 at 08:16.

7. Likes: AndyL (10th July 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    Whilst they managed to get a little close, there just didnt seem to be any chance of a overtake. I thought this was one of the dullest races for some time.
    I would point out that Hamilton actually did pass Ricciardo in the closing laps. Not enough to make it stick, but he got his nose ahead. And we had seen some passes around the outside at the same corner earlier in the race, so I don't think it's fair to say there was no chance.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    For all the nasty appearance, the performance of the tyres seemed to hold up though. People were managing about 40 laps on the ultrasoft, and after Hamilton complained about how bad his tyres were he carried on to set fastest laps on the same set.

10. Likes: N. Jones (10th July 2017)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    No jump, Lewis is fourth.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tazzy
    Yes but pushing those tires to pass will destroy them. If he can jump a few cars at the start maybe he can conserve them to make the strategy work I hope he can, and anything can happen, but I think he will at best finish two places behind fettel, that would be major damage limitation.
    Yup played out about how I thought it might. Hell Boss pitted before a lot of others that started on US
    Quote Originally Posted by baggy
    Worry not ,Tazzy , my man , for there will be yellows and safety cars aplenty tomorrow , so Lulu will have lots of chances to get up front .
    Nope It happened about the way I envisioned it, boring and processional. good thing he got those cats off the line, or he may have finished more than two places behind Seb!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yup played out about how I thought it might. Hell Boss pitted before a lot of others that started on US Nope It happened about the way I envisioned it, boring and processional. good thing he got those cats off the line, or he may have finished more than two places behind Seb!
    Yeah , ok , your crystal balls were hangin' higher than mine this time .
    I guess I just wanted to see those two get side by side again , maybe with a little rain added in just for a wee bit more excitement .