Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 728
  1. #11
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,441
    Like
    4,041
    Liked 5,072 Times in 2,159 Posts
    WRC2 also always starts behind WRC Trophy while top WRC2 drivers are way faster. Let's see how big gap Kalle will have behind Serderidis.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. Likes: pantealex (22nd October 2017)
  3. #12
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,700
    Like
    1,487
    Liked 1,486 Times in 695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    WRC2 also always starts behind WRC Trophy while top WRC2 drivers are way faster. Let's see how big gap Kalle will have behind Serderidis.
    Both of them can be as slow as they want, finishing equals winning

    Kalle posted on his facebook this legendary video from a Finnish rally from the 80's. The Wartburg rolls and the co-driver is interviewed, saying "We're trying to fix the car so we can get to the finish. We're the only in our class so finishing means a trophy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92FLaoO9M8

  4. Likes: focus206 (22nd October 2017),pantealex (22nd October 2017),steve.mandzij (7th November 2017),TWRC (21st October 2017)
  5. #13
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Like
    330
    Liked 358 Times in 141 Posts
    It's really a shame that the final of the season has become a joke like this. The last rally of the season should be a great one, the best of the year, as RAC was back in the day and as Wales would be this year as well.

  6. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd November 2017),Jinu13 (2nd November 2017),Mirek (21st October 2017),pantealex (22nd October 2017),sonnybobiche (7th November 2017)
  7. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    In the Shed
    Posts
    2,456
    Like
    123
    Liked 160 Times in 61 Posts
    Trying to put together a last minute deal to run in the National event. Entries close Friday so have some time Will keep everyone posted. Using the Evo that we won in a few weeks ago in the State event.

    Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

  8. Likes: abxyz (23rd October 2017),er88 (2nd November 2017),Jeppe (24th October 2017),Munkvy (23rd October 2017),TWRC (22nd October 2017)
  9. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    366
    Like
    404
    Liked 203 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    I hope the spectator areas are a lot better this year. Please share your thoughts once you have attended. I've been twice and both times were a waste when compared to spectating in Finland, Germany, Spain and Mexico.
    Will do, going to take a camera and a Go Pro, we may stick to the spectator zones, will decide after the first day how we find them and go from there. The week I get back I am going to spectate the Rally NZ event which is our candidate event for if we ever want to get back into the WRC. I would co-drive in it, but not had the opportunity so far as the two drivers I have co-driven for this year are both not able to compete.

  10. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57
    Like
    94
    Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    I'm bored already, thought I'd dig this out from page 2 and bump it up. Heaven help me over the winter break!

  11. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57
    Like
    94
    Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It's really a shame that the final of the season has become a joke like this. The last rally of the season should be a great one, the best of the year, as RAC was back in the day and as Wales would be this year as well.
    Hopefully next year it will go down to the wire. It would be so exciting to see the title go all the way to Australia

  12. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    340
    Like
    0
    Liked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    And why the hell SERDIRIDIS is in WRCT? driving an DS3 R5...

  13. #19
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    399
    Like
    78
    Liked 295 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Will do, going to take a camera and a Go Pro, we may stick to the spectator zones, will decide after the first day how we find them and go from there. The week I get back I am going to spectate the Rally NZ event which is our candidate event for if we ever want to get back into the WRC. I would co-drive in it, but not had the opportunity so far as the two drivers I have co-driven for this year are both not able to compete.
    Great, good luck!
    It is nearly impossible to go outside of any spectator zones hence why they are overcrowded. Aus is tightly policed.

  14. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    366
    Like
    404
    Liked 203 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Great, good luck!
    It is nearly impossible to go outside of any spectator zones hence why they are overcrowded. Aus is tightly policed.
    Interesting to hear, so if we drove in before road closure they would still have issues?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •