Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Explanation was that the stage got cancelled due to damaged access roads? In my head that means damage to roads that emergency services have to travel in case something happens.

We have seen on the Power Stage how dry and clean it was compared to the morning so I have no reason to believe the stage before was much different.

-----
    As a side note what has Mikkelsen? to do with super treacherous conditions, he got 2 punctures on a dry stage. Those that got caught out in treacherous conditions were Lefevbre and Breen (and to a much lesser degree Latvala). Starting to think you were watching different rally.
    The entire rally took place during changeable conditions and Mikkelsen was undoubtedly caught out by them. It was a known fact that the stages were difficult and not entirely dry during Saturday and Sunday. Mikkelsen made his own mistake but the road wasn't completely dry and grippy.

It is correct that the access roads' condition was the reason for the cancellation, though. That's just a shame.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Lappi and Evans nearly went off on the Power Stage when it was really wet with standing water. And Latvala did go off through pushing too hard for the conditions.

That's rallying - you have to drive to the conditions. None are too dangerous, its up to the driver to go at the right speed to get through them.
    #M-SPORTER

3. Likes: smokingjoe (21st November 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    The entire rally took place during changeable conditions and Mikkelsen was undoubtedly caught out by them. It was a known fact that the stages were difficult and not entirely dry during Saturday and Sunday. Mikkelsen made his own mistake but the road wasn't completely dry and grippy.
    Out of all the offs/incidents in this rally (Meeke 3x, Ogier 2x, Mikkelsen, Lefevbre, Breen, Latvala, Neuville, Lappi, Evans), Mikkelsens' and Meekes' had least to do with conditions. So very strange pick. Guess it was the easiest pick for you for some reason.

Out of all the offs/incidents in this rally (Meeke 3x, Ogier 2x, Mikkelsen, Lefevbre, Breen, Latvala, Neuville, Lappi, Evans), Mikkelsens' and Meekes' had least to do with conditions. So very strange pick. Guess it was the easiest pick for you for some reason.
    I feel you're trying to paint a picture in which I called out Mikkelsen for something. I'm not. He overcooked a corner, likely thinking he had enough grip in the mud, hit a bank and had to retire. Meeke's accident, on the other hand, was nearly unrelated to the conditions as you said.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Does anyone know when the crews are heading back to Europe?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I feel you're trying to paint a picture in which I called out Mikkelsen for something. I'm not. He overcooked a corner, likely thinking he had enough grip in the mud, hit a bank and had to retire. Meeke's accident, on the other hand, was nearly unrelated to the conditions as you said.
    I was trying really hard to find any mud on the onboard but failed. Either you have much better eyes, or you just remember it wrong.
    The onboard is on WRC+, in case you don't have it then on the open channel you just have views from before/after (with 2 punctures) during the same stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SnXa1a-0w
    Looks totally dry with dust and everything. Driver comments suggest the same:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2017/?s=153101

So yes I do feel you are calling Mikkelsen out for mistake in wet/tricky conditions when it was a mistake on completely dry stage.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts

Not going to join the conversation, but this is Mikkelsen's corner in the "Mud"
    It's just because they can go as low as 1.5 Bar starting the stage so it's easy to knock the air out that early in the stage when the tyres are low on pressure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

I was trying really hard to find any mud on the onboard but failed. Either you have much better eyes, or you just remember it wrong.
    The onboard is on WRC+, in case you don't have it then on the open channel you just have views from before/after (with 2 punctures) during the same stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SnXa1a-0w
    Looks totally dry with dust and everything. Driver comments suggest the same:
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2017/?s=153101

So yes I do feel you are calling Mikkelsen out for mistake in wet/tricky conditions when it was a mistake on completely dry stage.
    Oops, I suck at remembering things. Well done then.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Explanation was that the stage got cancelled due to damaged access roads? In my head that means damage to roads that emergency services have to travel in case something happens.

We have seen on the Power Stage how dry and clean it was compared to the morning so I have no reason to believe the stage before was much different.

-----
    As a side note what has Mikkelsen? to do with super treacherous conditions, he got 2 punctures on a dry stage. Those that got caught out in treacherous conditions were Lefevbre and Breen. Starting to think you were watching different rally.
    Maybe they should consider this fo access:

11. Likes: A FONDO (21st November 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I can confirm that rain on cancelled stage started earlier and ended approximately one hour later than in Powerstage and it would have been very-very wet and slippy while running (it was planned to run more than hour before PS). Lefebre-s corner was so slippy that it was almost impossible to walk on it and one of the watersplash got dagerously deep. Sometimes you need to take unpopular decisions. So, I think it was a good idea to cancel, too many obstacles for drivers and possible emergency car along the stage and on the access roads.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

13. Likes: dimviii (21st November 2017),GravelBen (21st November 2017),steve.mandzij (21st November 2017),WRC1 (21st November 2017)