Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Ohh and the super special was rubbish, good spectacle and lots of people, but it had a gravel covered tarmac section, which swept towards the end, and they sent groups of 5 cars out at a time to tackle it twice. So the last group (including Tanak, Neuville and Ogier) got much cleaner conditions, allowing them to go quite a bit faster. At the least they should have run it in rally order! But I guess that's rallying?

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Now the Fiestas shows all the problems Mads had during the season. But most of the forum only thought he had excuses for slower times.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

3. Likes: skarderud (17th November 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Even though Mikkelsen won last year, I was surprised by his pace. Also a big surprise from Meeke, nice to see the Citroens doing well. The hugest disappointment was from Paddon. He should have shown pace here in his almost home event with a good starting position. Not to mention the lack of pace in Wales and crashes in Finland and Sardegna...not much to prove why he should have a full season next year.

5. Likes: Rally Power (17th November 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Even though Mikkelsen won last year, I was surprised by his pace. Also a big surprise from Meeke, nice to see the Citroens doing well. The hugest disappointment was from Paddon. He should have shown pace here in his almost home event with a good starting position. Not to mention the lack of pace in Wales and crashes in Finland and Sardegna...not much to prove why he should have a full season next year.
    Agreed. Look how much better Neuville has done with a worse road position.

7. Likes: er88 (17th November 2017)
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    to be fair everyone was loosing bits after the watersplash but M-sport the most. Already in Wales at the last stage you could also see Ogiers diffusor hanging and now they both lost it with Tänak, Tänak even twice....and not to mention losing the rear spoiler in poland and with Mads in sweden.
    The Fiesta had been the strongest car all year so cant really complain. Plus any problems havent done them that much harm given the two titles, podiums on every rally and all drivers winning an event.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Now the Fiestas shows all the problems Mads had during the season. But most of the forum only thought he had excuses for slower times.
    I think Mads has had more problems than the M-Sport guys because ever since he bought the car, he has been developing it in his own direction, without any support from the team or the factory.

10. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Does Paddon's car have exactly the same parts as Neuville's and Mikkelsen's? (or was there only enough new parts for Neuville and Mikkelsen to use and spares at the service are?

What is Paddon's car weigh with crew compared to his team mates. I would suspect the jumbo co-driver gives a slight power to weight ratio disadvantage in some conditions. (How much does Marshall weigh compared Kennard?) Are there any little persom brit co-drivers available for a try out?

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (17th November 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    The Fiesta problems in Australia are aero and tyre as far as I can see. Just because they are 40 seconds adrift here (only 40, NOT 2 mins) does not mean that Ostberg's issues were anything other than poor preparation and loss of mojo.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

14. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Does Paddon's car have exactly the same parts as Neuville's and Mikkelsen's? (or was there only enough new parts for Neuville and Mikkelsen to use and spares at the service are?

What is Paddon's car weigh with crew compared to his team mates. I would suspect the jumbo co-driver gives a slight power to weight ratio disadvantage in some conditions. (How much does Marshall weigh compared Kennard?) Are there any little persom brit co-drivers available for a try out?
    Exactly the reason Henning had to get Ilka as co-driver (it was that or Weight Watchers!) - Seb M is not much different to Kennard in build - I doubt he's more than 165 llbs
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    I suspect Meeke was saying what they need to do all along but they weren't about to listen to the rosbif connard. Loeb just confirmed the car was a pile of crap and they then knew Meeke had been right all along.
    Suffering from selective memory, Mintex? During 2016 Meeke and Citroen were pretty happy with the C3 development, showing high expectations for 2017. The problems, and the complains, only came after season started.

Prior to ’16 WRGB, Meeke even said he was living a dream: “A year like this is what I’ve always wanted. It’s been the chance to develop a car with a world-beating manufacturer like Citroën from scratch – the chance to build a team around myself and put us both into the best possible position to challenge for the championship. It’s been an absolute privilege to work with the team. It’s been brilliant.” https://www.msauk.org/Meeke-targetin...n-DS3-swansong

In December, at the C3 presentation, Matton hugely praised Meeke’s work in the car development and the Brit was confident about the car potential: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/decem...5--12-12-.html

It’s quite clear that the car issues were a team failure; therefore all people involved on the C3 development, including Meeke, are responsible for it. Now, we can only hope they will be strong enough to react and find ways to make the C3 a title contender. Honestly, I believe they will and, apparently, they’re already showing they can do it.

Btw, nice show from Mikkelsen today. Still a long way to go, but having another different rally winner this year would be remarkable.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 17th November 2017 at 12:35.
    Rally addict since 1982

17. Likes: focus206 (17th November 2017),jparker (19th November 2017)