Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    And this wasn’t all

Tanak farewelled from M-Sport with 'wet balls' prank:

https://t.co/S7HPnZ3Kgf
    That's friggin brilliant. Obviously they took the signal for road mode and 3rd gear and sent them to the unit for spraying water on the windscreen but rerouted the pipe.

That must have been a shock for him hahahahahaha

God I laughed when I read that.

2. Likes: dimviii (20th November 2017),EstWRC (20th November 2017),steve.mandzij (20th November 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    did he said that?

Michel V.‏*
    @rockollector

Ott Tanak after gala interview : "It would be nice to beat Ogier before he retires". Has he said too much? :-)

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    yes but look what he says before it, didnt reveal anything IMO, in the end of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9FvNMkWg4&t=0s
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: dimviii (20th November 2017)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    did he said that?

Michel V.‏*
    @rockollector

Ott Tanak after gala interview : "It would be nice to beat Ogier before he retires". Has he said too much? :-)
    Yes, but he failed to bring that he said "It would be nice if he continued"
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    And this wasn’t all

Tanak farewelled from M-Sport with 'wet balls' prank:

https://t.co/S7HPnZ3Kgf
    lets hope he doesn't get disqualified for using not homologated parts.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    What a great season we had, bringing the best of my memories from the glory days of rallying.

I, as many, was hoping for yet another different winner in 2017 in Rally Australia, but it wasn’t to be, nevertheless, I enjoyed the rally. Having said that, cancelling the penultimate stage was a massive let down for me, a real anti-climax, I am sure we were denied a nail biting finish due to the tricky conditions. I struggle to believe that the safety (as in access for safety personnel and vehicles) would have been compromised as stated in this forum and that the conditions would have presented any greater challenge to the organisers than the ones at the night fog during Rally GB. I suppose good persuasion powers on the side of Mr. Nandan.

And to reiterate what others have said regarding the conditions, this is rallying, not circuit racing:

9. Likes: AndyRAC (20th November 2017),sonnybobiche (20th November 2017),stefanvv (20th November 2017),steve.mandzij (20th November 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    What?

1. You seriously think Latvala had a chance to catch 15s over 16km on two stages after it stopped raining and the conditions got more equal and less risky? The 9s he got in the morning were over 30km stage with no splits in the worst conditions when Neuville took it easy. Immediatelly in next stage in just about same conditions Neuville took 5 back.

2. What do you think is more likely
    a) organizers decided to cancel as they had info on how the access road look
    b) Nandan convinced them to cancel and find out an excuse

Occam's razor or tinfoil hat?

Sure it might have been unnecessary/bad decision, but given the differences between drivers and the stopped rain + drying road it would have had little to no effect to run the stage.

11. Likes: AnttiL (20th November 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    What?

1. You seriously think Latvala had a chance to catch 15s over 16km on two stages after it stopped raining and the conditions got more equal and less risky? The 9s he got in the morning were over 30km stage with no splits in the worst conditions when Neuville took it easy. Immediatelly in next stage in just about same conditions Neuville took 5 back.

2. What do you think is more likely
    a) organizers decided to cancel as they had info on how the access road look
    b) Nandan convinced them to cancel and find out an excuse

Occam's razor or tinfoil hat?

Sure it might have been unnecessary/bad decision, but given the differences between drivers and the stopped rain + drying road it would have had little to no effect to run the stage.
    I disagree. The conditions were extremely difficult, and as we saw with Mikkelsen anything can happen when a stage is super treacherous. It would have gone down to a battle between who could manage difficult conditions the best.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13. Likes: NickRally (20th November 2017),sonnybobiche (20th November 2017)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I disagree. The conditions were extremely difficult, and as we saw with Mikkelsen anything can happen when a stage is super treacherous. It would have gone down to a battle between who could manage difficult conditions the best.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Exactly - if the conditions were what we were told they were, then anything could have happened. And if they were not, then why was the stage cancelled.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (20th November 2017),KKS (21st November 2017),sonnybobiche (20th November 2017),steve.mandzij (20th November 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Explanation was that the stage got cancelled due to damaged access roads? In my head that means damage to roads that emergency services have to travel in case something happens.

We have seen on the Power Stage how dry and clean it was compared to the morning so I have no reason to believe the stage before was much different.

-----
    As a side note what has Mikkelsen? to do with super treacherous conditions, he got 2 punctures on a dry stage. Those that got caught out in treacherous conditions were Lefevbre and Breen. Starting to think you were watching different rally.