Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I can confirm that rain on cancelled stage started earlier and ended approximately one hour later than in Powerstage and it would have been very-very wet and slippy while running (it was planned to run more than hour before PS). Lefebre-s corner was so slippy that it was almost impossible to walk on it and one of the watersplash got dagerously deep. Sometimes you need to take unpopular decisions. So, I think it was a good idea to cancel, too many obstacles for drivers and possible emergency car along the stage and on the access roads.
    Thanks bluuford.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Did he run normal group N4 car? Or that evo9 was heavily modified?
    Not N4 no. They are apparently allowed a 36mm restrictor on regular pump gas or 34mm on any fuel, and I believe from people I spoke to on the rally he was on the former. They do have to run a factory turbo however, which would be a somewhat limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I can confirm that rain on cancelled stage started earlier and ended approximately one hour later than in Powerstage and it would have been very-very wet and slippy while running (it was planned to run more than hour before PS). Lefebre-s corner was so slippy that it was almost impossible to walk on it and one of the watersplash got dagerously deep. Sometimes you need to take unpopular decisions. So, I think it was a good idea to cancel, too many obstacles for drivers and possible emergency car along the stage and on the access roads.
    Sounds like you were either on the same corner as me or you know the Estonian guys I was standing there with!

3. Likes: KKS (21st November 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Not N4 no. They are apparently allowed a 36mm restrictor on regular pump gas or 34mm on any fuel, and I believe from people I spoke to on the rally he was on the former. They do have to run a factory turbo however, which would be a somewhat limiting factor.

Sounds like you were either on the same corner as me or you know the Estonian guys I was standing there with!
    I have "eyes" in many places But these were not Estonians.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Luck is what you make it as a driver. Ogier's offs are also usually less damaging than others because he is managing the impact.
    Than you think in every time when Ogier spins he control a car and see all tree's around him at 360deg? I don't believe in it.
    Last Ogier spun so far at SS12 he was lucky not be bounced into a trees, and even before that he has 2 very hot moments.

6. Likes: EstWRC (21st November 2017)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Thanks.

It's about 70 cars each run, there is the WRC, then ARC (only some of which show in the WRC field)
    And why all other Australia Champ field not entry in WRC event, but only few of it?
    Aus champ have different route or what? So how Quinn was in two champs at same moment?

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Personally I have trouble connecting Ogier's success to luck. Luck is something that occurs randomly and when you count the incidents he's had and gotten the better of it compared to the other way round, he must be doing something better than the other drivers. It could be a very small detail in his driving style... setup... - or whatever, it's significant for just Ogier.

When it happens once it's random every while, when it happens on a constant basis it's a habit.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Than you think in every time when Ogier spins he control a car and see all tree's around him at 360deg? I don't believe in it.
    Last Ogier spun so far at SS12 he was lucky not be bounced into a trees, and even before that he has 2 very hot moments.
    Monte-Carlo - he could not get out of that ditch for a long time (or maybe damage supension/tyres on that road sign)
    Sweden - he cut too much and pretty much have luck that there wasn't a rock.
    Mexico - Kris Meeke have luck in there you all know why (and if he haven't, guess who would win the event), Ogier have engine problems, spun, stall engine
    Tour De Corse - lost hydraulic pressure, struggle with many setups, electrical problems
    Argentina - into the ditch without damage, hit big rock (bent steering), dog on the road, almost spun on the watersplash
    Sardegna - Puncture
    Poland - damaged car, 2 punctures, spun and hit a step, onto the field (Ott's misfortune = Ogier on the podium)
    Finland - Okay here he was unluckiest and Paddon too.
    Germany - Spin, another spin
    Wales GB - Broken brakes (that night stage was in my opinion cause for his greatest luck in the year)
    Australia - he made some mistakes and have problems with car but have no point if he was already world champion.

He was real competitive maybe on one or two events (with Neuville crashed he obviously not pushing anymore, I don't know if there would be more). He was criticize more or less everywhere not just day one when he cleaned the stages with how much he was on limit but speed was not there. He climbed on stats more of mistakes of others, than his personal achievements, but that's how it is. We can't do anything, he played smart, always thinking on championship and get most of it. What if's have now no point because it's over. Sure Neuville did many mistakes, few letdowns with car but it is how it is.

Real cowards I could say is Volkswagen. And I don't believe a word about diesel scandal involved in WRC quitting by them. Now they compete in GRC, Formula-E, F3, TCR, want to go to Pikes Peak, World RX, buliding Polo R5... That's a lot of money... And Audi and Skoda also involved in big games... No they run away because they knew it would be hard to continue of their dominance. Anyone agree with that.. No offense by fans of Ogier and Volkswagen but I just share my opinions here like everyone

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post

Real cowards I could say is Volkswagen. And I don't believe a word about diesel scandal involved in WRC quitting by them. Now they compete in GRC, Formula-E, F3, TCR, want to go to Pikes Peak, World RX, buliding Polo R5... That's a lot of money... And Audi and Skoda also involved in big games... No they run away because they knew it would be hard to continue of their dominance. Anyone agree with that..
    I definitely do not agree with this. In fact, this is crazy talk.

On the whole topic of luck, it has been explained perfectly already by Seneca over two thousand years ago. "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." This is true in every discipline and in every facet of our lives. There is no such thing as luck and the only way you can have any affect on an unknown outcome is in how well you prepare.

11. Likes: cali (21st November 2017),electroliquid (21st November 2017),Mintexmemory (21st November 2017),Munkvy (22nd November 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    On the whole topic of luck, it has been explained perfectly already by Seneca over two thousand years ago. "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." This is true in every discipline and in every facet of our lives. There is no such thing as luck and the only way you can have any affect on an unknown outcome is in how well you prepare.
    Cant't oppose to Seneca. And in rally I can add, what 10 times Lithuania rally champion once said - "those who searching troubles in stage, always will find some" - by cutting where they shouldn't, pushing where they shouldn't, etc. Some drive aggressive, others not so much.

13. Likes: Mintexmemory (21st November 2017)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...from-wrc-teams

"FIA rally director Jarmo Mahonen was rather more blunt in his assessment of Coffs Harbour, saying: "The good thing about this event is that it's very safe - because there are no spectators!"

A couple of numbnuts ruined that impression this year though!
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

15. Likes: AnttiL (21st November 2017),bluuford (22nd November 2017),EstWRC (21st November 2017),MartijnS (21st November 2017),Munkvy (22nd November 2017),pantealex (22nd November 2017),Rally Power (21st November 2017),steve.mandzij (21st November 2017),TWRC (21st November 2017)