Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Just seen the daily highlights and Meeke's minor mistake at the bridge, and Yves Matton's decision to retire the car, I really hope someone up there at the PSA group will show him the door or to be precise, throw him off the bridge...
    Matton was right on this one. With 4 SS to go, letting Meeke to continue with the car in that state would be a risk: to him and Nagle, to other crews behind and even to open road users.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Exactly my opinion..

Un

Fucking

Believeable
    How about putting the CoC in front of a firing squad? Come on, nobody can guarantee that somebody who decideds to do this can't do this - in any rally in the world. I bet even in Japan You could do this if You really wanted.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th November 2017),steve.mandzij (18th November 2017)
    Liked 1,455 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Matton was right on this one. With 4 SS to go, letting Meeke to continue with the car in that state would be a risk: to him and Nagle, to other crews behind and even to open road users.
    4? wasn't it just 2 SSS? if so, my bad, although you are right about those road sections, it would endanger the other road users. However, to be fair I think Mr. Matton has made enough wrong choices this past year, and I still do hope they
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

5. Likes: WRC1 (18th November 2017)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    What's with the witchunt against rallies in this forum? First Turkey, now Australia? What's so bad about Australia? It's one of the few rallies with long, tough stages, no dumb as fuck ceremonial Thursday night sss starts and the jungle setting is spectacular! What is more we've got a superb battle on our hands right now! Quit the bitching, Australia isn't bad at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th November 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    4? wasn't it just 2 SSS? if so, my bad, although you are right about those road sections, it would endanger the other road users. However, to be fair I think Mr. Matton has made enough wrong choices this past year, and I still do hope they
    It was 2SS and 2 SSS.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How about putting the CoC in front of a firing squad? Come on, nobody can guarantee that somebody who decideds to do this can't do this - in any rally in the world. I bet even in Japan You could do this if You really wanted.
    This isn't the first time we see this kind of behavior in Australia if my memory serves me right (although I can't remember any specifics right now). It wouldn't surprise me the least if it wasn't the last either.

Poland got kicked out for less. This was literally an inch from death. Had he cut the corner closer they would have been dead.

It was apparently for several competitors as well.

Australia has no redeeming features anyway so why on earth should it stay? Another generic gravel rally, with almost no competitors, that is expensive as hell to get to for the teams, with a drinking culture that is awful.

Edit: and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was reported to the cleric of the course.

Liked 1,455 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    It was 2SS and 2 SSS.

Thankx for the correction

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (18th November 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    This isn't the first time we see this kind of behavior in Australia if my memory serves me right (although I can't remember any specifics right now). It wouldn't surprise me the least if it wasn't the last either.
    Have You ever visited Rallye Monte Carlo?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: dimviii (18th November 2017),sonnybobiche (18th November 2017),steve.mandzij (18th November 2017),WRC1 (18th November 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Have You ever visited Rallye Monte Carlo?
    IMO it's the most unsafe rally of the championship. 2016 Latvala ran into a guy. 2017 a spectator died.

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Poland got kicked out for less. This was literally an inch from death. Had he cut the corner closer they would have been dead.
    There is quite a difference between 2 spectators behaving like idiots and an army of thousands refusing to obey instructions from officials, not only on a single stage but during an entire rally. Big difference.
    /peter