Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Didnt he put a Skoda in pulp this year too?
    In Portugal, crashed from a certain lead on last stage

Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Who Scandinavian?
    i was wondering it too
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Who Scandinavian?
    Near enough that makes no difference. If he fell over he would cross the border.

The fact remains

Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Caught again, Micheal Knight only using the facts that suit his argument.
    I think he actually has a man crush on Andreas.

Right.. who is leading this rally..

Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    He's lucky it's happening now, while we're still in 2017, next year mistakes like that will be more meaningful.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Save for Australia last year he's made many mistakes under pressure. In Germany this year he was in the lead until he slid into a field and lost it. In Spain last year he had a massive accident while Neuville was starting to catch up to him. In Sweden (2015?) he was on the brink of his maiden win and slid into a bank on the Power Stage. 2 out of his 3 wins were handed to him on the final two stages because of issues for the leaders. He's super quick for sure but can't manage leads well at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Clearly this is especially selective view.
    You list 2 mistakes in 2,5 years... and at the same time say that two wins were "handed" by others mistakes. Turning it around in those cases (especially 2015 Spain) he kept his calm even when fighting off Latvala and it gave him the win. Can also list other examples like Portugal last year and fighting off Ogier, or the mentioned Australia.

In Germany this year he lost the lead on Friday in heavy rain and late road position with only some seconds lost on one breaking, Tanak who won was off the road and extremely lucky to climb up.

So no I don't see any big trend there. He's certainly not as stable as Ogier, but compared to all others drivers he's pretty average.

(Neuville has at least 3 DNF-offs under pressure this year, Tanak has Poland and Finland and so on)

As to how much of a mistake this was we'll see on the onboard, 3 other top drivers were off on this stage as well.
    Last edited by mknight; 17th November 2017 at 23:48.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    SAT 10:00 - SS11: PADDON
    "I think it's time to forget about the result and the stage times here and try and get a good feeling for the car. If I look at the timing board I get disappointed. I've got to just try and enjoy it."

I'm following his stage end comment lately and he always sounds like a beaten man. I'm very sorry for him because it should be a very difficult moment for him as a driver. Going from an Ogier-beater and possible new world champion to pronely crashing and not showing speed anymore should be hard. Also the crash in Montecarlo didn't help.
    I hope he will put things together but it will be difficult with half a program next year...
    Last edited by AL14; 17th November 2017 at 23:51.

naaaaahhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Clearly this is especially selective view.
    You list 2 mistakes in 2,5 years... and at the same time say that two wins were "handed" by others mistakes. Turning it around in those cases (especially 2015 Spain) he kept his calm even when fighting off Latvala and it gave him the win. Can also list other examples like Portugal last year and fighting off Ogier, or the mentioned Australia.

In Germany this year he lost the lead on Friday in heavy rain and late road position with only so some seconds lost on one breaking, Tanak who won was off the road and extremely lucky to climb up.

So no I don't see any big trend there. He's certainly not as stable as Ogier, but compared to all others drivers he's pretty average.

(Neuville has at least 3 offs under pressure this year, Tanak has Poland and Finland and so on)

As to how much of a mistake this was we'll see on the onboard, 3 other top drivers were off on this stage as well.