Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    What a great season folks, seven different winners! Not just every rally was dramatic but almost every leg was interesting! Wonder if it could be any better next year?

2. Likes: AnttiL (19th November 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Already been said - but let's summarise. Poor road position, poor tyre choice on Friday, off on Saturday and still finishes 4th. Ogier just has what it takes. If he stays with M-Sport (and I think he will) he has a great chance for 6 in a row. Tanak did a better job coming 2nd in Oz and has learned so much this year about letting the rally come to you. He will be fighting Latvala for team attention. Neuville and Mikkelsen will split good Hyundai performances. Citroen (if they stay) will be inconsistent again. Only Ogier will have a solid car with a definite number 2 as team mate. Get your bet on now!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I am not so sure about Ogier tbh. Even his consistency won't help if the car is not up for it.

Hyundai and Toyota are already busy doing 2018 mods and have been for some time.

At M-Sport I haven't seen any big upgrades since Portugal/Sardinia (sure there can be hidden ones). We'll see but if Ford does only come with enough money for Ogiers' salary the development might run away from them.

(Citroen has more than enough work with trying to make the C3 consistent)

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Already been said - but let's summarise. Poor road position, poor tyre choice on Friday, off on Saturday and still finishes 4th. Ogier just has what it takes.
    His speed was nothing... If Mikkelsen, Meeke, Breen and Latvala don't crash he wouldn't be there and either Tanak. And this year this was on more ocasions. Pure luck I say. I know that some of you guys will say that he is consistent but what about his offs, he have luck all year with that to not end right away except on Finland. Paddon get to the podium but he said that he don't have speed to achieve that by himself. Nor Sordo, Latvala, Hanninen, Lappi, Lefebvre, especially Paddon, Neuville & Meeke have that much luck than Ogi. I know that maybe a car is something to do but Ostberg's fiesta was almost every where pretty much fragile...

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th November 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Retirements/very bad results (8+):

Ogier
    2017 - 1
    2016 -1
    2015 -3

Neuville:
    2017 - 4
    2016- 3

Looking on other drivers, 3 is actually about average for the top ones during last years,

Thing is this year Neuville with 3 more retirements than Ogier still almost beat him. If the speed difference is big enough consistency alone is not enough.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    If they have entered the WRC event they are eligible for driver points. Quinn for example is in WRC event and arc event, so eligible for points
    According to WRC.com, no - Serderidis scored 2 points and Rovanperä 1. Dalton scored 4, but Quinn and Herridge didn't score :/

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    According to WRC.com, no - Serderidis scored 2 points and Rovanperä 1. Dalton scored 4, but Quinn and Herridge didn't score :/
    So in the end I make it that five guys scored their first WRC points in 2017:
    Rossel (Corsica), Veiby (Catalunya), Dalton/Serderidis/Rovanpera (Australia).

First WRC podium:
    Lappi/Hanninen (Finland)

First stage win:
    Lappi (Sardinia), Suninen (Poland)
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    His speed was nothing... If Mikkelsen, Meeke, Breen and Latvala don't crash he wouldn't be there and either Tanak. And this year this was on more ocasions. Pure luck I say. I know that some of you guys will say that he is consistent but what about his offs, he have luck all year with that to not end right away except on Finland. Paddon get to the podium but he said that he don't have speed to achieve that by himself. Nor Sordo, Latvala, Hanninen, Lappi, Lefebvre, especially Paddon, Neuville & Meeke have that much luck than Ogi. I know that maybe a car is something to do but Ostberg's fiesta was almost every where pretty much fragile...
    While I agree that Ogier has been lucky in some occasions this year, I find it hard to believe it was just "pure luck". To be fair, also Neuville has been lucky in a couple of offs that could have resulted in DNFs or more damage...

11. Likes: A FONDO (20th November 2017),AL14 (20th November 2017)
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    While I agree that Ogier has been lucky in some occasions this year, I find it hard to believe it was just "pure luck". To be fair, also Neuville has been lucky in a couple of offs that could have resulted in DNFs or more damage...
    My memory probably escapes me, but when was that?
    Quite incredibly what Ogier gets away with though, first runs over the biggest rock I've ever seen on the road that the spectators didn't move or put there (6 boys all with their phone out) then rams the bank so hard he spins...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net