Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Stirling Moss did some international rallies in the 50's. Also Erik Comas, who is competing in the European Historic Rally Championship this year.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    And Vale, he's done a few rallies and also looked like he was going to F1 for a while too. Also, not bad on a bike.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    I think from all F1 names mentioned here, only Raikkonen and Kubica had full WRC program. Based on stages won, Kubica must be the most successful F1 driver in WRC. Based on scored points, I don't know, but probably Kubica again.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    I think from all F1 names mentioned here, only Raikkonen and Kubica had full WRC program. Based on stages won, Kubica must be the most successful F1 driver in WRC. Based on scored points, I don't know, but probably Kubica again.
    Based on stats alone, Raikkonen is more successful than Kubica in the WRC category. Twice 10th place in the final classification, while Kubica got 13th (when he won WRC 2 with DS3 RRC), 12th and 16th. Points scored by Raikkonen: 59 in two seasons; points scored by Kubica: 43 in three seasons (one with RRC). At least Kubica has one WRC 2 championship.

All these stats by ewrc-results

5. Likes: AnttiL (11th July 2017),pantealex (12th July 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Based on stats alone, Raikkonen is more successful than Kubica in the WRC category. Twice 10th place in the final classification, while Kubica got 13th (when he won WRC 2 with DS3 RRC), 12th and 16th. Points scored by Raikkonen: 59 in two seasons; points scored by Kubica: 43 in three seasons (one with RRC). At least Kubica has one WRC 2 championship.

All these stats by ewrc-results
    Stats have spoken
    EDIT: Kubica has 14 stages won vs. only 1 for Raikkonen.
    Last edited by jparker; 11th July 2017 at 21:30.

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Some other circuit drivers who tried rallying: The late great Tom Pryce (Stratos on the RAC), Derek Bell, Raikkonen and Kubica of course, Robby Gordon (although more Baja/dakar), Hakkinen, Sarrazin and the best driver of all time and the greatest all rounder - Jim Clark, although did very little rallying, Scottish once I think..

PS- never knew J Taylor was Scottish, met him once a very long time ago, always assumed he was English but think he lived mostly in England.
    Robby Gordon visited Engseth in Norway for a winter and drove the 4WD Mazda. Not sure, but I think he drove a rally in Norway with this Mazda.
    In any case, he was very impressed with how fast one could drive with only 1600 ccm.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    And Vale, he's done a few rallies and also looked like he was going to F1 for a while too. Also, not bad on a bike.
    More a four wheel fan; it took me a while to figure who Vale was…yep, not bad on a bike at all!

Btw, Comas was already mentioned; here’s a nice film about his passion for the Stratos: https://youtu.be/BEhkB-GuCIY
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Heikki Kovalainen https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...ki-kovalainen/ Artic rally once and 4 rallies in Japan.

Leo Kinnunen https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...-leo-kinnunen/ One Monte and one RAC. The rest (67) are rallies in Finland.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

10. Likes: Rally Power (13th July 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    Alright.....as noted first year in WRC for me as Toyota entered, so bear with me as I reference WRC drivers to F1. I asked on this Forum at one time if my perception that Jari-Matti had similar characteristics as Jean Alesi. The response was affirmative. So, I have been watching this Seb Ogier character all year, and I am wondering....Is he the Schumi of WRC? Why or why not?
    What's the "F1"? back in the 90s there was a subclass of Group A called "F2" for while and it was pretty amazing, but it faded..
    What is this "F1" you refer to?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

12. Likes: Revman (12th July 2017),sonnybobiche (12th July 2017)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    What's the "F1"? back in the 90s there was a subclass of Group A called "F2" for while and it was pretty amazing, but it faded..
    What is this "F1" you refer to?
    I think it's some kind of weird race series where cars are joined together with tow ropes in a long line and go round and round and round and rou . . . . . Z z z z z z z

14. Likes: Franky (12th July 2017),Rally Power (13th July 2017)