Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    Both Acropolis and Cyprus would be preferable. Acropolis is a legend and also Cyprus is a very special event. Completely different to Mexico, Portugal or even Sardegna.

This years ERC Cyprus Rally was held also close to the biggest Tourist resorts of the island with some special stages going directly next to some beaches - stunning scenery for a TV powerstage for example. Michelle Mouton was also there to check the event this year according to some press releases. Maybe behind the curtain there is already something going on.

And Rally Acropolis is one of the iconic events in WRC. If it is in any form possible to have a WRC round there, it must have its place in the calendar.
    M.Mouton visit Cyprus to cheque the rally, and I think is possible Cyprus rally join in the calendar of WRC

2. Likes: tc10a (11th July 2017)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antreas View Post
    M.Mouton visit Cyprus to cheque the rally, and I think is possible Cyprus rally join in the calendar of WRC
    Michelle would be there to check safety.

I reckon that's a long way from being visited by WRC Promoter to sign a contract to be in the WRC....

Do they have the money to be in WRC?

Same with Acropolis. Have they paid their debts from the last WRC event there? Didn't the ASN go bankrupt owing money to WRC Promoter and FIA?

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    IMHO Rally Cyprus was from sport point of view total disaster. See: https://youtu.be/OI0G5iqgLKk ...If Rally Croatia canīt offer anything special but could be average (boring) round of WRC, Rally Cyprus would be much worse.
    Last edited by liposh; 11th July 2017 at 12:10.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    IMHO Rally Cyprus was from sport point of view total disaster. See: https://youtu.be/OI0G5iqgLKk ...If Rally Croatia canīt offer anything special but could be average (boring) round of WRC, Rally Cyprus would be much worse.
    Because gryazin face problems is a reason that Cyprus rally is bad??Cyprus Rally is very Historical round of WRC.A round in WRC must be difficult ,the better driver to win

6. Likes: hari (11th July 2017),tc10a (11th July 2017)
    Liked 1,035 Times in 299 Posts
    Having been at Rally Cyprus this year I also have no clue why it should have been a disaster?

Quite the contrary during the rally I was thinking that this would have been a great WRC event as it was in the past. It's demanding, its special.

Some gallery from 2017: http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_best...llye_2017.html
    Last edited by hari; 11th July 2017 at 13:06.

8. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th July 2017),tc10a (11th July 2017),WRC1 (11th July 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Am I really the only one who thinks such surface is not acceptable for ERC rally round but suitable max. for some local Baja race? Even if it was only this very short part it is still something bad.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Whatever happened to Rally Hokkaido? They ran it for a few years then it was off the calendar.
    I'm still here ;-) I presume you mean Rally Japan. Rally Hokkaido is the APRC round, still held in the same area as the first few Rally Japan rounds were. I have heard several stories about Rally Japan's return, most connected with Toyota's WRC progress and how they would like it based closer to Toyota City.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

11. Likes: Andre Oliveira (12th July 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Am I really the only one who thinks such surface is not acceptable for ERC rally round but suitable max. for some local Baja race? Even if it was only this very short part it is still something bad.
    Isn't the whole point of WRC to demonstrate that your car can drive off road? I don't see why one surface is worse than another? If anything the variety is good. I'd love to see a rough, attritional event return like Cyprus or the Acropolis.

To hear people call Portugal a rough gravel rally is a bit of joke to be honest.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

13. Likes: AndyRAC (12th July 2017),dimviii (11th July 2017)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Isn't the whole point of WRC to demonstrate that your car can drive off road? I don't see why one surface is worse than another? If anything the variety is good. I'd love to see a rough, attritional event return like Cyprus or the Acropolis.

To hear people call Portugal a rough gravel rally is a bit of joke to be honest.
    Portugal is rougher than Mexico, for sure.

I can't believe I'm hearing that people consider Mexico rough...

15. Likes: MDSP (12th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I was the one who used that word...maybe technical would be better term than rough, but certainly those events are similar in style compared to faster rallies like NZ, Finland and Poland. You have to excuse me, I was totally off following WRC for 15 years before this season, Mexico feels like a totally new event to me
    Last edited by AnttiL; 11th July 2017 at 15:57.