Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Hey, someone remind me, didn't a misplaced spectator actually die in Monte Carlo this year? Did they even get a 'yellow card' for that? No? But Poland loses its place in the calendar for bad spectator behavior?

"No!", you say, "it was because the organizers were stupid and allowed a fire truck to go onto a live stage!" Indeed, and they let a police car onto a live stage in rally Deutschland this year as well, though we heard nary a peep about that from our industrious rally journalists.

Corruption at its very best. I hate this sort of thing, I really do.

If you need any more proof that the only thing that matters for getting onto the calendar is money and political influence, just look at the debacle of letting China into the calendar last year, or the fact that we still have Australia (they've apparently got money to burn) and no New Zealand, even though everyone actually would prefer the latter.
    As they say these days: "Money Talks" & unfortunately here we see the result...I agree they should have at least given a yellow card or something at least so the organizers try and make an effort to improve the safety on both MC & Germany events. As for Australia & NZ, it annoys me that from 2013 Australia has taken over the spot and tbh with Coffs Harbour having agreed to host the rally until 2020 makes it a strong candidate to stay beyond next year at the expense of NZ, especially when you have the teams complaining they can't go to Australasia twice....

Another thing that bothered me was the fact they bring in Turkey with all that's going on there solely because they have the money...but no talks of Greece coming back? It used to be one of the toughest events on the calendar and a real car breaker... Now I know they had, well still have some hard financial times there but you would at least expect one of the (old) classic events (or at least one that could become a classic once more) to be given another look by both promoter and the FIA but again, money talks... or more specifically lack of money in this case.
    Last edited by Eli; 22nd September 2017 at 11:30.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (22nd September 2017),WRC1 (21st September 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Selfishly hoping the Italian round stays in Sardinia for at least one more season. Not managed to get there yet and it's on my list for 2018.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: Tauri_J (22nd September 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Sardegna on the island is a must! Loved it this year.

Cannot wait for Turkey, I'll be there!

Boo re Australia and no NZ. Balls.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

6. Likes: aykutbilir (22nd September 2017)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    As expected Poland is dropped, and Turkey is in; pretty uninspiring in my opinion. NZ is criminally ignored, in favour of an anaemic Australian event. And bizarrely, Rally of GB is moved forward to early October. What's that about? It's meant to be a late autumn event, with the chance of seasonal (frost, ice, etc) weather.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    And bizarrely, Rally of GB is moved forward to early October. What's that about?
    Has something to do with the british rally championship (including it into the wrc run)
    it's all about driving fast

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    looks like half term week next year then I'll be taking my boy to Spain instead of Wales...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Rally of GB is moved forward to early October. What's that about? It's meant to be a late autumn event, with the chance of seasonal (frost, ice, etc) weather.
    We don't want anything to do with ice on GB. If they couldn't handle it 10 years ago they certainly won't now.

I did think it was an interesting move though. I can't imagine the organisers were pushing for it - moving the event outside the school holidays. Happy to be proved wrong but I also doubt the addition of the BRC caused the move. This date switch was rumoured a while ago.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Hopefully the 2019 season will present us something better (ehm New Zealand ehm)
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Next year the tarmac rounds will be spread quite evenly around the calendar instead of having two of them back to back.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Next year the tarmac rounds will be spread quite evenly around the calendar instead of having two of them back to back.

But stil i think there should be one extra tarmac event. Was kind of hoping Croatia would be in for 2018 instead of Turkey. Croatia could be partly tarmac, partly gravel than.

I would prefer rally Italia stays on Sardinia, nice event for spectators-crews-views,... Why do some of you want san remo so bad?

Also more fan of New zealand than Australia