Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 255
  1. #11
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    302
    Like
    28
    Liked 202 Times in 96 Posts
    I thought Australia was locked in until 2018?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    1,924
    Like
    5,119
    Liked 536 Times in 262 Posts
    Has Croatia had candidate event ?

    Somehow I could not see Croatia in WRC18.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,860
    Like
    404
    Liked 1,487 Times in 656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifox95 View Post
    It is clear that the CIRCUIT OF IRELAND MUST BE ON THE WRC CALENDAR from next year onwards!!!! 🇮🇪🇮🇪🚗💨💨
    They can't even hold down an ERC round unfortunately. All those stories linking it with WRC can't have dug too deep into the financials.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    908
    Like
    1
    Liked 169 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Has Croatia had candidate event ?

    Somehow I could not see Croatia in WRC18.
    They have their ERT event in September. I guess that's the plan for it.

  5. Likes: pantealex (6th July 2017)
  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    34
    Like
    38
    Liked 32 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    They can't even hold down an ERC round unfortunately. All those stories linking it with WRC can't have dug too deep into the financials.
    Indeed, not enough money in Ireland to fund it. They need a main sponsor from outside of Ireland.

  7. #16
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,603
    Like
    515
    Liked 304 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Indeed, not enough money in Ireland to fund it. They need a main sponsor from outside of Ireland.
    How much money is needed to fund a WRC event?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    If in doubt, flat out!

  8. #17
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    3,228
    Like
    1,336
    Liked 2,484 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Cant find the link now but i remember after the rumors Ciesla very clearly ruled Croatia out saying they need rounds outside europe, im sure NZ will take polands slot.
    Tänak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

  9. #18
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,603
    Like
    515
    Liked 304 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Cant find the link now but i remember after the rumors Ciesla very clearly ruled Croatia out saying they need rounds outside europe, im sure NZ will take polands slot.
    Really hope you are right, it's a shame we haven't seen it in the WRC since 2012.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    If in doubt, flat out!

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Flatlands of West Lancs
    Posts
    26
    Like
    34
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    How much money is needed to fund a WRC event?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Too much, probably...

  11. Likes: Eli (6th July 2017)
  12. #20
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,020
    Like
    622
    Liked 848 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Cant find the link now but i remember after the rumors Ciesla very clearly ruled Croatia out saying they need rounds outside europe, im sure NZ will take polands slot.
    I think the original idea was to add one event in place of China and the contenders were Croatia and NZ, but now that Poland is going away, they could both get in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •