Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Went to Mexico when it was first ran as a WRC event. We could do whatever we wanted at that time. Luckily they had a few spectators at that time. I'm sure it's changed.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    When everybody criticizes Poland what about Mexico and Argentina?
    The safety question was already debated but another point is that while Mexico and Argentina are basically irreplaceable Poland is not. WRC shall not leave another continent especially when the events are hugely popular but there are so many European rounds that those must be really good to justify their place in the calendar. One less or replaced by another European event out of plenty options - who really cares?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (8th July 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Taking Mirek's point about potential European rounds being really good if they are to be on the calender is something I believe applies world-wide. NZ and Acropolis should be the first candidates for any gap in the calender. The pinnacle events of the sport should only be held where the experience, tradition and positive enhancement of the WRC can be delivered. For this reason I was always against China and The Middle Eastern candidates, USA too. Cyprus, Barum and Ypres could make a useful addition as a new type of 2 day WRC round - all would be preferable to Poland
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

5. Likes: the sniper (10th July 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    If we're honest about which rallies are eminently replaceable, I think it would have to be:

Sardinia (which, rumor is, will be replaced next year with an event on the Italian mainland because the promoter hates island rallies. I like island rallies. I'd love to see rally Azores in this slot. If ERC can make it work, and exceptionally well I might add, why can't WRC?)

Poland (which, rumor is, will be replaced next year for "safety" reasons. It would be great to have the Safari back in this slot. The REAL Safari rally, i.e. open roads, 1000km or more of competitive stages, helicopters, all that great stuff.)

Germany (as much as I like all the narrow tarmac through the vineyards, I would trade this for any tarmac rally, e.g. Ireland)

Spain (if this was all tarmac, I wouldn't trade it, but the first day on gravel is super forgettable IMO. I'd trade for a tarmac event like ypres.)

GB (I know, I know, there has to be a rally GB, because... well... not sure why exactly. But you have to admit this is a shadow of its former self. I'd trade it in a heartbeat for Japan.)

Australia (as far as I'm concerned, this is only on the calendar because it's on another continent and the government throws a load of money at it. But it is very, very forgettable. NZ would be better.)

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (10th July 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Any idea of what period of the Croatia might be held? I'd like to do a back to back Sardegna/Italy with Croatia
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Any idea of what period of the Croatia might be held? I'd like to do a back to back Sardegna/Italy with Croatia
    I dont think Croatia will be in...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129337

This news article states that NZ and Croatia are running for 14th round, both would be run in September. Now that Poland is probably removed from the calendar, they could both get in. So basically that would give WRC a summer break instead of the September being completely rally free.

This is the event we're looking at: https://www.ewrc-results.com/events/646-croatia-rally/
    Last edited by AnttiL; 10th July 2017 at 12:38.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I dont see any regular point why Croatia should be in WRC...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I dont see any regular point why Croatia should be in WRC...
    Ciesla said the planned event could go "straight into the top five" rallies for spectator attendance.

"It's true that we are not seeking more European rallies," Ciesla admitted.

"But Croatia ticks so many boxes from the infrastructure to these incredible roads which could make the cars dance.

"We could look at a mixed event with a day on gravel and two days on asphalt and we could even look at something new - some sort of a hillclimb event being included in the itinerary.

"On top of that, the event would be based in an area easily accessible to the teams and an area that has a real affinity for rally fans."
    There you go.

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Isnīt money regular point for you, Pluto?
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise