Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Was going to post the exact same thing.

I've spectated one national rally in NZ and the atmosphere was great. In Finland the fans are the most passionate especially for the local boys, but they're just fans at heart for the damn love of the sport. You have people waiting outside at early morning hours just to see rally cars go by. Families will make camp at a rest stops or in front of their house because they know the cars will be passing by. Old, young and even little kids know what time it is when there is a rally in Finland. I hear its the same for the F-Cup national rally guys as well. In comparison I saw nothing like this in Australia, Mexico and now Germany. If there is one rally you need to go see it is Finland. I think Finland is for rally as California is for people who want to be in the entertainment business. If you live in Finland you have all the resources to go rallying. It's brilliant. NZ is very similar in so many ways. They have great roads, tons of support, good fans who behave and respect others and beautiful scenery. The money they would make from ticket sales would be a hell of a lot more than Australia.

NZ national rallies were also very similar. People would be standing around street corners with their NZ flags waiting to cheer on the drivers. Very similar to Finland, but at a much smaller scale. They truly deserve a round of the WRC even if it means canceling Australia which as far as spectating is concerned sucks major donkey balls. Did I mention Rally Australia sucks ass? Sorry I'm just bitter that a rally in my current home soil is so badly organized for spectators.

#bringbackNZ #AUSrallysucksmajordonkeynuts

Rant over! Back to work

2. Likes: electroliquid (25th August 2017),pantealex (24th August 2017),sonnybobiche (24th August 2017),tommeke_B (24th August 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    So why aren't you saying Monte Carlo should be long gone?
    Difference between a freak accident as what happened in Monte

To idiot "fans" or people who want to take a stupid selfie with a car flying past over 150kph on a corner or bend or small lift, to people not listening to marshals or the organization thus loosing their event due to their poor actions and immaturity let alone stupidity.

Monte was an accident.

Poland would have been, if it ever did an even worse, actual fault being blamed ON the person or people hit by/injured by a world rally car.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (24th August 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Mexico and Argentina have so short entry list that don´t deserve slot in WRC. It´s not right that you can buy WRC(2/3) points.

There are other rallies outside europe which would attract more entries.
    And many rallies inside europa which are better than Mexico or Argentina.
    I don't know, but I saw quite a number of Fabias when I went there this year, driven by Argentines, Benito Guerra and Fuchs, who unfortunately we're completely trounced by Tidemand. There was even a national spec Ford Ka in the mix. Add to that the insane amount of spectators and the increible roads (I've never been to some place as awesome as El Cóndor filled with spectators who slept in their cars in my life) and Argentina deserves a spot. The atmosphere is amazing and the entry list isn't too bad. If the national championship ran all three days, it would be even bigger.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. Likes: Jajá (24th August 2017),sonnybobiche (24th August 2017),tommeke_B (24th August 2017)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    So when will the calander be final? Whit al this speculation here.. Now i'm getting really nervous to know.

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    So when will the calander be final? Whit al this speculation here.. Now i'm getting really nervous to know.
    FIA Motorsport Council, September 21st 2017

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Argentina must stay; great event, unique stages & scenery, massive local interest = a fantastic event.
    NZ is similar; the best gravel roads in the world, stunning scenery, healthy local interest, and most important in my view, a small country with a great motorsport heritage, which punches well above its weight; McLaren, Hulme, Mauger, Crosby, Crafar, Dixon, van Gisbergen, Stanaway, Anstey, Hartley, Bamber et al....

In my view, any new event has to add something different to the WRC; simply having a large bag of £$£$£$£ isn't enough - but that seems to be the No1 criteria nowadays.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

10. Likes: Munkvy (25th August 2017),steve.mandzij (25th August 2017)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    If the FIA had a problem with the September gap why just not bring Australia back to it's original slot, it's not like it being a season Finale makes it better. As for the replacement of Poland, if you're going to bring Turkey as a replacement then why not put Turkey in Poland's date, what happened that suddenly it doesn't fit the schedule?...but of-course FIA needs to create new problems before it actually manages to solve the existing ones.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    If the FIA had a problem with the September gap why just not bring Australia back to it's original slot, it's not like it being a season Finale makes it better. As for the replacement of Poland, if you're going to bring Turkey as a replacement then why not put Turkey in Poland's date, what happened that suddenly it doesn't fit the schedule?...but of-course FIA needs to create new problems before it actually manages to solve the existing ones.
    Where are you finding this info?

Word is that Turkey will be a September rally. It plugs one gap but another one opens up during June/July before Finland. But with all the higher profile sport going on during the summer I think it's less of an issue.

Also the FIA is not the one putting the calendar together, that's WRC Promoter. The FIA just has to sign off on it.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Where are you finding this info?

Word is that Turkey will be a September rally. It plugs one gap but another one opens up during June/July before Finland. But with all the higher profile sport going on during the summer I think it's less of an issue.

Also the FIA is not the one putting the calendar together, that's WRC Promoter. The FIA just has to sign off on it.
    It's just my opinion, perhaps I should have made that clear beforehand, and my bad (it being the WRC Promoter & not the FIA putting the calendar together) so the WRC Promoter should know how to handle this sort of stuff.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    No they don't. Not the manufacturers.
    I've always read that it's exactly the manufacturers that ship the cars from Mexico to Argentina...?