Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    I have maintained that it will be difficult enough for NZ to hold on to a round of the Asia Pacific Rally championship and that is where efforts should be continued.

Australia has a fairly mature/ older rally fleet too. An old Mitsubishi won their last national round compared to the new Mazda that won the last national round in NZ.

I would have preferred to have seen a World Rally go back to Cyprus or Japan.

2. Likes: aykutbilir (28th September 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    @N.O.T, from what I heard everything was there to get the event on the calendar. A few months ago it seemed to be a done deal...
    So, future of Poland was already decided long before rally even started? I knew it.

4. Likes: Kris82 (28th September 2017),sonnybobiche (28th September 2017)
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    The Aussie fleet is very old. We won outright last weekend in an EVO 3 by nearly 3 minutes in a State event. All the newer cars are in Tarmac rallying.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Finally today Rally of Turkey confirmed by FIA.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/octob...4--12-12-.html

This year stages are improved and more stages added at North close to Mugla.

Last years narrow slow stages improved to faster style and real challange for drivers.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

7. Likes: omer yetis (26th October 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    If I choose (but I'm not), my choice would be:

1. Monte-Carlo
    2. Sweden
    3. Mexico
    4. Tour De Corse
    5. Argentina
    6. San Remo
    7. Kenya
    8. Finland
    9. Germany
    10. Turkey
    11. Croatia (it's because I'm near)
    12. Wales
    13. New Zealand

Maybe some other rallies not the same over & over again. It changes every 5 years only one event.

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (25th October 2017)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Having Australia as the final event on the calendar is a bad idea as this year shows. Titles are already decided and subsequent lack of entries make this event rather a damp squib.

11. Likes: pantealex (30th October 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Having Australia as the final event on the calendar is a bad idea as this year shows. Titles are already decided and subsequent lack of entries make this event rather a damp squib.
    Yes true. And everyone have excuses of logistical dificulties and expenses. Last round must be in Europe. But I think that organizers of Rally Australia keep pushing to be final there.

13. Likes: pantealex (30th October 2017),RS (30th October 2017)
    Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    If I choose (but I'm not), my choice would be:

1. Monte-Carlo
    2. Sweden
    3. Mexico
    4. Tour De Corse
    5. Argentina
    6. San Remo
    7. Kenya
    8. Finland
    9. Germany
    10. Turkey
    11. Croatia (it's because I'm near)
    12. Wales
    13. New Zealand

Maybe some other rallies not the same over & over again. It changes every 5 years only one event.
    tbh I dreamed Indonesia. I'm curious how the 2017 cars handle the muddy medan roads.

Btw, IMI (Indonesian automotive association) recently said they want to join 2019 calendar, but tbh i don't see that happening

Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    tbh I dreamed Indonesia. I'm curious how the 2017 cars handle the muddy medan roads.

Btw, IMI (Indonesian automotive association) recently said they want to join 2019 calendar, but tbh i don't see that happening
    For 2019 it's only confirmed about Croatia and strong rumours about Kenya joining. But Like I said teams complaining about expenses I don't think that more than 13 events will ever happened (if they include teams will surely leave). And surely Monte-Carlo, Sweden, Tour De Corse, Portugal, Finland, Germany, Wales, Spain will be forever on the calendar. Rally in Italy will probably move into continent (but will remain on the calendar forever). Mexico have long year contract, I think that Australia too.

Then the only not confirmed for a long term is Argentina (they've had safety issues like Poland) and now Turkey (if this rally will be good they will remain on calendar, because of manufacturers interests).

So I think that Croatia and Kenya are not confirmed either... 2019 is still long away and everything could change in time.

My opinon is that they need to mix the cards and throw half the events from calendar and bring new ones into the game so the cmhampionship would be even unpredictable and even more exciting. Sure most of the guys here will not agree with me but having same over the 30 years have no point revealing calendars and expect that could change anything from year to year.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    And surely Monte-Carlo, Sweden, Tour De Corse, Portugal, Finland, Germany, Wales, Spain will be forever on the calendar.
    only Wales/RAC and Finland have been always on the calendar since 1973 (with the exceptions of the rotation in 1994-1996, but that was for all events)

17. Likes: racerx1979 (31st October 2017)