Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    When wil we know if rally Italia wil be in Sardenga or San Remo?
    Is there a date when this wil be deceided?
    Sanremo will no more host not even the national round. Forget Sanremo as a possible WRC event, they don't have the money.

As for the gravel roads in the regions of the center of Italy... Nobody talked about that anymore.
    The facts are simple: the Sardinian region don't want to give more than 1million to ACI for the organization of the rally. The organization requires, ACI says, 4 times that amount and gives Sardinia a lot of return on investment. But ACI still spends the other 3 millions.
    ACI also had to pay more money to keep Monza circuit inside F1, so last year they said that they will have held the rally in 3 different regions in the center of Italy but I think they just said that to put pressure on Sardinian administration.

I don't know who is right or not and I actually don't care. Anyway now there is a big silence on that matter. I don't know if it is positive or not. Let's see.

2. Likes: Simmi (6th November 2017)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    https://twitter.com/Rally_d_Italia

Rally Sardenga have shown there 2018 logo on Twitter. I guess this means we can be sure of rally Italia on the Sardinia island than! Great news!

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    I’m confused…a couple of months ago Ciesla said Croatia would be a plus to the series and now he’s ready to dump it?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I’m confused…a couple of months ago Ciesla said Croatia would be a plus to the series and now he’s ready to dump it?
    He constantly change his words... You all will see that calendar will not change for a few years

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Here is an idea, why not allocate rounds to the countries that have the greatest activity in motorsport full stop. Lets look at the top 12 countries based on number of permits issued across all sectors of motorsport per year by their ASN irrespective of the size of their population. That would show the countries where motorsport is most popular and most active. That's where the WRC rounds should be conducted, support the countries that support motorsport. Sure would take politics and buying your way in out of consideration.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The bloke is an utter cretin who changes his mind like the wind; he's another like Mahonen who should be put out to grass and retirement!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Good news for Canadian rally fans
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/febru...9--12-12-.html
    Canada is great place for rallying, very glad they finally decided to give it a try.
    I don't know what area they have in mind, but my personal best is north of Quebec City.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Good news for Canadian rally fans
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/febru...9--12-12-.html
    Canada is great place for rallying, very glad they finally decided to give it a try.
    I don't know what area they have in mind, but my personal best is north of Quebec City.
    But are there enough narrow/twisty roads to keep the average speeds in the "normal" range?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    But are there enough narrow/twisty roads to keep the average speeds in the "normal" range?
    Based on my observation north of Quebec City, there are are all kinds of forest roads. The possibilities are huge, so it's possible.
    The area resembles Finland, so speeds will be a challenge, but I think is doable.
    Anyway, don't get my words about Quebec. I have no idea where they are planning to do it.
    Going west to Rocky Mountains is also a excellent option.