Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Next year the tarmac rounds will be spread quite evenly around the calendar instead of having two of them back to back.
    Still though, IMHO it would be nice to see the RACC back to full tarmac as it was up until 2010. If any round should host a mixed event is Sanremo....as it used to until 1997 and take away the island rally of Sardenga.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd September 2017),PLuto (22nd September 2017),TWRC (23rd September 2017)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turves View Post
    looks like half term week next year then I'll be taking my boy to Spain instead of Wales...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I did think it was an interesting move though. I can't imagine the organisers were pushing for it - moving the event outside the school holidays. Happy to be proved wrong but I also doubt the addition of the BRC caused the move. This date switch was rumoured a while ago.
    Selfishly I was delighted by this, where I work we have allocated block annual leave and limitations on floating days... Getting half term off for Rally GB this year has been a right faff, and in the end, a rather expensive experience!

As for the calender, surely we have to presume that Turkey are only on it because they're bringing big money to the promoter. I've seen it said that we should be accepting of the likes of Turkey and Croatia because the funds they bring to the promoter will be reinvested into the sport... Well, we better see some meaningful enhancement of the WRC 'product' next year, because right now I want to argue that a 2018 inclusion of Rally New Zealand on the calender should have been at least partially funded by the money coming from Turkey! I hope someone will be able to discern where the Turkey money has gone...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Still though, IMHO it would be nice to see the RACC back to full tarmac as it was up until 2010. If any round should host a mixed event is Sanremo....as it used to until 1997 and take away the island rally of Sardenga.
    Catalunya was mixed when it first came to the WRC in 1991. It became all tarmac in 1993. Portugal used to have tarmac stages back in the day as well.

If Sardegna goes away, I'd like to see Acropolis or some other slower, rougher rally.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Catalunya was mixed when it first came to the WRC in 1991. It became all tarmac in 1993. Portugal used to have tarmac stages back in the day as well.

If Sardegna goes away, I'd like to see Acropolis or some other slower, rougher rally.
    My bad, still would be nice to have it back to Tarmac and some night stages in the mix!!

Yes Acropolis Rally of Greece would definitely would be a welcome return and if not Greece, Cyprus? used to be a real car breaker back in 2000-2006.

Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
    No round in Eastern Europe makes pretty sense...

Let's ignore a region where rallies are still quite popular (IMHO), and see if it helps the sport. If that was really the reason I would at least say that they are trying another approach...

Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    No round in Eastern Europe makes pretty sense...

Let's ignore a region where rallies are still quite popular (IMHO), and see if it helps the sport. If that was really the reason I would at least say that they are trying another approach...
    We'll see what happens after next year, I have a feeling that with 13 (now 12) events wanting to join the calendar, there will be some changes come 2019 & beyond.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    A NZ columnist gives his opinion about why there should be a WRC-rally in NZ. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=11925472
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

9. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd September 2017)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Agree with everything he says!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Agree with everything he says!!
    I don't.
    Why two events down under?
    Because of Paddon?
    FIA has no obligation to stimulate rallying.
    It should be the other way around.
    Only countries that have world rally champion should be admitet to WRC Calendar, plus one from each continent.
    Here is the list:
    England
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Norway
    Scotland
    Spain
    Sweden
    North America
    South America
    Africa
    Asia
    Australia

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    I don't.
    Why two events down under?
    Because of Paddon?
    FIA has no obligation to stimulate rallying.
    It should be the other way around.
    Only countries that have world rally champion should be admitet to WRC Calendar, plus one from each continent.
    Here is the list:
    England
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Norway
    Scotland
    Spain
    Sweden
    North America
    South America
    Africa
    Asia
    Australia
    well, i don't. But still, as Asian, i really want to see some Asian rally in WRC like India or China (not yet for my homeland, Indonesia. Still long way to go)