Page 185 of 191 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1904
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr C1412 View Post
    Ban him, Tänak and any other f*ckers that like to have fun. F*ck the lot of them! Those Toyota boys are out of control. Tommy needs to get a handle on it before one of them looses it completely and ends up killing someone through their wreckless actions of living a normal life.
    You obviously didn't get a bit of what I wanted to say.

2. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Most likely this was at the finish, they are at Monaco in daylight.

Here's a good article of what Hayden Paddon eats during a rally https://www.redbull.com/int-en/wrc-r...iver-nutrition
    Very interesting article. I think every driver should listen to some expert as Paddon does with this one. Well maybe they already do it but I doubt everyone does since I saw some of them eating normal sandwitches between legs. On the other hand I knew that Bertelli had a chef among his team and a sort of kitchen in his stand if I remember correctly, but he is italian and that goes without saying

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Very interesting article. I think every driver should listen to some expert as Paddon does with this one. Well maybe they already do it but I doubt everyone does since I saw some of them eating normal sandwitches between legs.
    I remember reading an article of the Toyota Gazoo Racing chef and he said some services are so busy the drivers don't have time to sit down for a meal so they just replace it with sandwiches.

5. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Most of them have training programs, team chef also prepares their menu according to their need. Some fast hydrocarbs to give them a boost on those days full of action isn`t comparable to getting fat behind the desk.

7. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Bertelli would have had black truffle grated over his ragu d’anatra con pappardelle. Washed down by a good vintage of amorone
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

9. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Bertelli would have had black truffle grated over his ragu d’anatra con pappardelle. Washed down by a good vintage of amorone
    My friend if you cook pappardelle I strongly suggest you ragù di cinghiale (boar) instead of anatra .

Amarone is always welcome, cheers

11. Likes: Mintexmemory (31st January 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    My friend if you cook pappardelle I strongly suggest you ragù di cinghiale (boar) instead of anatra .

Amarone is always welcome, cheers
    But a pasta with boar would make me want to shout ‘saaaaanglier’ before eating and I’d end up being ejected from the trattoria!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

13. Likes: A FONDO (31st January 2018),AL14 (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),steve.mandzij (31st January 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ah, this is why Ken Block suddenly wants to do WRC again !

15. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2018),GravelBen (31st January 2018),HaCo (31st January 2018),Mintexmemory (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Well, this was my first ever Monte Carlo rally and it was nice but very long  We arrived very late during Sunday night and I had 3 days of recce with Toni first and then with Martin and Kuldar. Nice. I found it really important to understand the weather to learn the stages etc.
    Wednesday was really easy day, SD conditions were very easy for me.
    Thursady evening was slightly more complicated but with Monday recce, I consider it was reatively easy for me and chosen tyre was right. But this night was crazy, it was long day and service very late and next day was expected to be the most tricky. So , engineers left around 2AM and I worked until 03:30 AM and was not still entirely satisfied. So, then I slept in service truck in sofa until 6AM when first engineers arrived and I also continued with my work.
    Morning loop was almost OK, I think with better decision we would have been 5-7 sec faster in stage nr 4, but nothing serious.
    Afternoon loop was perfect, all as expected.
    By eveing, it was almost sure that next day will be snow and this was the message before the last service. Finally I had time to drive back to my hotel and take a shower. Then I slept an hour, woke up 10PM, took one beer with gravel crews and prepared Saturday until 2 PM, at 5PM I had breakfast and I drove to service where I started at 05:45.
    Saturday morning was perfect, exactly as expected, preparation for that day was good. Afternoon was also perfect, no mistakes. We had some discussion regarding last stage with engineers and it was so, so, finally we agreed some kind of solution and it wokred out fine. Then I had to drive to Monaco, it was long drive, I arrived there around 10PM and then I had short discussion with engineers and little walk around the seaside, because I could not fell in sleep. So, finally I managed to mess up with alarm clock and I woke up when I had to start breakfast. So, no breakfast and run to Service instead. Weather was easy, but the extension of black ice was really big unknown factor for me. So, big thanks for the gravel crews once more. We managed to cover almost everything, when I had lack of info or not so clear info, they filled all the caps. Without them, the weather looked more like supersoft + soft but they convinced to play it safe, so, some studs were really good decision! Also for the second loop. So, On Sunday, I would say that I lacked a bit of preparation (no recce on those stages) and my hands were a bit short for such conditions.
    Finally, I had to drive Nice to pick up Martin and Kuldar and I didn’t see the powerstage as our plane left just after 3PM already, otherwise, WRC all live is really nice addition!

By the way, Toyota team is really nice. Working with such a professionals is pure enjoyment! I like this "village" :P
    PS! That other Estonian in M-Sport was doing quite OK, he made some mistakes, and I was able to see where he might make mistakes as he used same methods as I did before (well, he had to produce info in similar way as I did there, and quess what I changed my approach this year and went one step further, which is secret) but otherwise I rate his perfomance as quite OK
    Interesting season will be ahead
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

17. Likes: A FONDO (31st January 2018),AL14 (31st January 2018),Allez Andruet (31st January 2018),AnttiL (31st January 2018),b3637853 (1st February 2018),br21 (31st January 2018),cali (31st January 2018),dimviii (31st January 2018),dupanton (31st January 2018),eib1 (31st January 2018),EightGear (31st January 2018),er88 (31st January 2018),EstWRC (31st January 2018),GravelBen (31st January 2018),HaCo (31st January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),jiipee64 (31st January 2018),JTGANG (31st January 2018),Lead (31st January 2018),N.O.T (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),PLuto (31st January 2018),rage82 (31st January 2018),Rally Hokkaido (1st February 2018),satnav (31st January 2018),spark13 (14th February 2018),Sso (1st February 2018),STI69 (31st January 2018),timlord22 (31st January 2018),tommeke_B (31st January 2018),WRC1 (31st January 2018)
    Liked 2,089 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Well, this was my first ever Monte Carlo rally and it was nice but very long  We arrived very late during Sunday night and I had 3 days of recce with Toni first and then with Martin and Kuldar. Nice. I found it really important to understand the weather to learn the stages etc.
    Wednesday was really easy day, SD conditions were very easy for me.
    Thursady evening was slightly more complicated but with Monday recce, I consider it was reatively easy for me and chosen tyre was right. But this night was crazy, it was long day and service very late and next day was expected to be the most tricky. So , engineers left around 2AM and I worked until 03:30 AM and was not still entirely satisfied. So, then I slept in service truck in sofa until 6AM when first engineers arrived and I also continued with my work.
    Morning loop was almost OK, I think with better decision we would have been 5-7 sec faster in stage nr 4, but nothing serious.
    Afternoon loop was perfect, all as expected.
    By eveing, it was almost sure that next day will be snow and this was the message before the last service. Finally I had time to drive back to my hotel and take a shower. Then I slept an hour, woke up 10PM, took one beer with gravel crews and prepared Saturday until 2 PM, at 5PM I had breakfast and I drove to service where I started at 05:45.
    Saturday morning was perfect, exactly as expected, preparation for that day was good. Afternoon was also perfect, no mistakes. We had some discussion regarding last stage with engineers and it was so, so, finally we agreed some kind of solution and it wokred out fine. Then I had to drive to Monaco, it was long drive, I arrived there around 10PM and then I had short discussion with engineers and little walk around the seaside, because I could not fell in sleep. So, finally I managed to mess up with alarm clock and I woke up when I had to start breakfast. So, no breakfast and run to Service instead. Weather was easy, but the extension of black ice was really big unknown factor for me. So, big thanks for the gravel crews once more. We managed to cover almost everything, when I had lack of info or not so clear info, they filled all the caps. Without them, the weather looked more like supersoft + soft but they convinced to play it safe, so, some studs were really good decision! Also for the second loop. So, On Sunday, I would say that I lacked a bit of preparation (no recce on those stages) and my hands were a bit short for such conditions.
    Finally, I had to drive Nice to pick up Martin and Kuldar and I didn’t see the powerstage as our plane left just after 3PM already, otherwise, WRC all live is really nice addition!

By the way, Toyota team is really nice. Working with such a professionals is pure enjoyment! I like this "village" :P
    PS! That other Estonian in M-Sport was doing quite OK, he made some mistakes, and I was able to see where he might make mistakes as he used same methods as I did before (well, he had to produce info in similar way as I did there, and quess what I changed my approach this year and went one step further, which is secret) but otherwise I rate his perfomance as quite OK
    Interesting season will be ahead
    Cool that you share such information! Good luck!