Page 143 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1514
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Why they don't make qualification on shakedown round. Run order will be championship position with 3 limited runs and road position on a first day of a rally with set the fastest times (running opposite - fastest time 10th on the road, slowest time - 1st on the road) I know that for tarmac events it's not so good idea but with 3 and a half events in calendar it's fair.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    But who says that the road conditions will be equal on the qualy?

Leave it as it is.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

3. Likes: cali (19th February 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Why they don't make qualification on shakedown round. Run order will be championship position with 3 limited runs and road position on a first day of a rally with set the fastest times (running opposite - fastest time 10th on the road, slowest time - 1st on the road) I know that for tarmac events it's not so good idea but with 3 and a half events in calendar it's fair.
    What about Sweden the last years? First on the road was an advantage, suddenly being fastest on Shakedown is a negative. Or sudden rainfall on gravel events.
    Trust me, you'd have Ogier complaining about that as well then...

Liked 12,152 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Järveoja and Latvala said to estonian TV that the problem is the historic cars. The solution they would see is not to let the historics on the stages between the WRC cars. And Latvala said if they let them then the historics should use the same wide tyre as they are.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    hum... so once again all the drivers made it to the end, no withdraw except Meeke. Is it good or bad for the champioship? i kinda miss the drama already of people making mistake and bringing unexpected results. now mexico!
    With three of the best drivers deep in the snow, all the rest were simply obligated to reach the finish somehow and get some of the best points in their careers. It was like these showcase "rallies" where rich people with ultra luxurious cars drive from a hotel in a resort to another hotel in another resort just to gain some attention. Now please bring on some normal rallies to watch real battle.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Trust me, you'd have Ogier complaining about that as well then...
    I think he will carry on complaining and blaming others every time the conditions don't give him an advantage tbh, it just seems to be how he is.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakem View Post
    So Msport made clear that only mission for Evans this year is to help secure Ogiers 6th title. Pffff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakem View Post
    No. There was just 1point on the table and I never thought Msport makes such a decision so early in season. I know that Evans is 100% second driver, but come on let him also collect some points. Ok this 1 point could be important for Ogier in the end of season MAYBE. But Ogier starting later to powerstage and now this 1 point from Evans, looks funny and shows that Ogier is very scared allready now not to take the 6th title? Interesting 2018 season ahead!
    One point may be the difference between being champion or not.
    Scared is probably the wrong word to use, I think the team are simply being realistic in understanding that Hyundai and probably Toyota will be incredibly difficult to beat to the drivers crowns, because it’s certain that they will play the same game at some point in the season if it looks like they have to.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    But who says that the road conditions will be equal on the qualy?

Leave it as it is.
    so that's why there could be 3 runs. And then could be similar situation when drivers could set the times mabe slower maybe faster so they get better position. It could be prevented by rewarding for first 3 places or 5 with extra points. Or on tarmac normal road position.

That way there will be shakdeown crucial too. Not just cruising just like almost all do now. It would be fair and everyone can blame himself for his road position.

I just consider what it could have been, so everyone benefits.

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    so that's why there could be 3 runs. And then could be similar situation when drivers could set the times mabe slower maybe faster so they get better position. It could be prevented by rewarding for first 3 places or 5 with extra points. Or on tarmac normal road position.

That way there will be shakdeown crucial too. Not just cruising just like almost all do now. It would be fair and everyone can blame himself for his road position.

I just consider what it could have been, so everyone benefits.
    That's actually not bad idea - like in rally-cross, there they get points for everything.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    they could do the same like in the ERC. let them drive a qualifying stage multiple times, and then let them pick the position they want. that way no one can complain, no matter the surface or circumstances.

12. Likes: WRC1 (19th February 2018)