Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1514
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yeah, Your counting of R2 cars is amazing, respect.
    One of them were a Norwegian comedian who only did day 1 as a part of his new TV-Show "Champion of the Amateurs", where he met top athletes from Norway, and tried their sports That's basically why I remember that! I don't usually remember those kind of details, and often use EWRC

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Would be very nice if Citroen and others could put on colored mirrors for Mexico, to make it easier to distinguish what pair is inside!

Very hard to see the flag on the vent on the roof. Easier to see the mirror in 150 km/h
    Startnumber is impoissible to see, so if you do not know based on startlist, there is no way of knowing what car it is.

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    One of them were a Norwegian comedian who only did day 1 as a part of his new TV-Show "Champion of the Amateurs", where he met top athletes from Norway, and tried their sports That's basically why I remember that! I don't usually remember those kind of details, and often use EWRC
    What about day 2?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    What about day 2?
    They only planned to do day 1, I cannot remember the exact reason. Probably costs. He actually managed to avoid last place (even when you remove the ones who retired and restarted on day 2).

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    They only planned to do day 1, I cannot remember the exact reason. Probably costs. He actually managed to avoid last place (even when you remove the ones who retired and restarted on day 2).
    So back to the topic, it is unknown how difficult/easy was for Ogier on day 2? Seems it was already difficult on day 1 on 2nd loop.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    They didn't brake rules - it's true.
    They did break rules, otherwise they wouldn't have been penalised 4 minutes.

But the penalty was less than the advantage gained from breaking the rules, which is not the best situation.

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    I wouldn't class booking in late as 'breaking rules' - merely playing the system....a calculated gamble, which paid off. The fault with the rules is being able to do this and benefit.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    This time I didn't follow the rally as I'm few thousands miles southeren from Europe enjoying in warm sun and sea...
    Looking at results first what was almost a shock to me: Breen on 2nd position?? With crapy C3?? Well done....and were is last year's winner? So much for my pickems.....thx JML.
    Disastrous weekend for Msport....
    More than solid result for Ostberg.
    And all factory drivers finished rally (Meeke of course must be exception), that speaks for technical durability.
    Looking forward to Mexico-Neuville, prepare to sweep the stages on 1st day.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Who said they are not friends and don't respect each other? Competition is one thing, friendship and respect another. I can give You plenty of examples from other sports - for instance in cycling a rider is "hiding" behind someone else in his air stream to save energy for later, in circuit racing we have similar situation with chasing driver use air stream from the front driver to overtake him, this is completely normal and no one had ever complained about it, it is just how the way it is, You find Your best position for You at this moment.
    It not the same. Cycling and racing examples quite good interpolates to road position in rallying. You in-front and must "brake" that air to go through and who chasing you give an advantage of that physics effect. Same with road position in rallying. It's all known part of the game and nobody try cheat each other.
    Just imagine at circuit racing one team-mate blocking opponent and other pass him. It's fair? Nope. It brake rules? Nope.
    Same here. You must respect rules. Everybody wants clear road, but someone must clean it. You first at WDC? you must do it! You slow at 1st day - you must do it! (especially that Ogier so wanted that rule) And when it turns to effect to Ogier himself - he start invent different reasons to not comply with that. Do not try cheat or find some hole in law and getting used to it

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakem View Post
    No. There was just 1point on the table and I never thought Msport makes such a decision so early in season. I know that Evans is 100% second driver, but come on let him also collect some points. Ok this 1 point could be important for Ogier in the end of season MAYBE. But Ogier starting later to powerstage and now this 1 point from Evans, looks funny and shows that Ogier is very scared allready now not to take the 6th title? Interesting 2018 season ahead!
    Ogier have only one goal in his life - beat Loeb. So he need 9 consecutive titles. That's why he do it.
    Here in Ukraine we have proverb: "spin like a snake on a frying pan". When it turn not that way as he wants and he sees his next title under threat - he do everything.